Bulltear Ad
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Torch Height Control Tips

Helpfull BT forum member Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by sadisticiron
    is it best to run your holes in your part as a seperate g code or just manually edit the gcode to cut holes at different speeds and cut heights. i manually edit but when u have 300+ lines of code for one part its kinda a pain.
    do this in sheetcam by setting up different 'tools'

Say for 1/4" material you would use 'tool 1' with a 60imp feed and generous leadin for outside cuts.
    'tool 2' may use 60ipm and a smaller leadin for inside profiles.
    'tool 3' may be for holes, drop the feed to 45imp and tune the leadin to fit in your holes.

draw your parts (autocad or whatever) using layers. i mostly use holes, inside and outside as my layer names.

Import to sheetcam, and each feature of your part will be on its own layer, assign the tools to the layers with the side menu's in sheetcam.

ie - i would assign tool3 to the holes layer, tool1 to the outside layer, and tool2 to inside layer.

You will have to build a tool library in sheetcam for your common materials you are cutting.

hope this helps.

Helpfull BT forum member Swabie
    perfect that helped a hole bunch....lol

now when i start using a plate marker i would just designate that marker as another tool with the right profiles and add that to the post. sound about right