Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
BT 5x10 Table
Bulltear Ad

Thread: BT 5x10 Table

BT 5x10 Table

I called and talked with Mike today for a bit about the 5x10 table. I forgot to ask can the slats be purchased with the kit? Also on the water tables how deep do you recommend it to be?

Thanks,
    Jason

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    In Gantry kit for the slat array is much different than the integrated water tray slat configuration. The water tray slats are 2"x1/8" flat hot rolled steel which is easily bought in 12-20 foot lengths and cut to size. The std slat configuration are laser cut slats that create a square pattern for holding material.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

So do the slats come with it or can be purchased at time of purchase? I was planning on building the frame/watertable my self, so couldnt I build it around either of the slat systems?

Helpfull BT forum member Captain
    I chose to not use the supplied square grate cut pieces with little tits in my water table because they are a bit deep at 4.25" and the tits make the parts tip up. They were good to get started with dry cutting tho.

I'm running 2" of water in a 4" deep stainless pan. You may find the additional weight of double the water a hinderance with no additional benefit if you use the supplied 4" deep grates in a water tray.

To hold the slats - (3) 2"x1/8" on the bottom of the pan with 3/4" deep, 1/8" wide cuts in them, spaced 2.5" apart. Chopsaw works fast, set a stop. Don't forget to add some reliefs for water to flow between rows.

Then put 1"x1/8" strapping in the slices. Replace/flip as they wear out.

I've found the strapping with no tits to completely eliminate tip-ups. There was no loss of cut quality due to thicker material under the parts fouling the plasma stream. I was worried about that, but its fine.