Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

need some Bulltear help!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need some Bulltear help!

need some Bulltear help!

Things are moving along pretty well with the links on my rig. I also wanted to start some early measurements on the front end. It's tight in there with that big AMC. I'm going to investigate the Bulltear oil filter relocation kit. I can't fine a single picture of it installed though! Help?

Another problem we're facing is the Edelbrock header dump flange is RIGHT where we need to put the upper link mount. We'll have to get a little creative with it, but we'll make it work. Any ideas, other than a custom built header on that side?

Looking back at the starter. I'd like to get the oil filter out of there.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Sweet! That looks like it makes a ton more room in there.

Thank you from BT Grease Monkey
    Boy! Either you are planning some serious compression, or your putting your axle way out front!

I got my links to squeek through there. I have bump stops to keep the top links from hitting the crank pulley. Tucks up real nice.

I'll be watching for progress as I'm upgrading the front suspension in the future.
    Its a Jeep Thing --- No one understands!

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by msalaba
    Boy! Either you are planning some serious compression, or your putting your axle way out front!

I got my links to squeek through there. I have bump stops to keep the top links from hitting the crank pulley. Tucks up real nice.

I'll be watching for progress as I'm upgrading the front suspension in the future.
    Wheelbase is going to be around 107. It's way out there, and it's sitting at 5" of uptravel for the go fast.

MC took care of me today.

From my post on my local club board:
    Things are moving along pretty well. The new section of the frame is coming along and should be on today. We wanted a little more uptravel and used 2x3 box, rather than the 2x4 that would be closest to factory. Rather than a straight square box, this one is made to accommodate the coilovers a bit better with the "step" to the inside. This also will integrate the winch plate. Andy made a jig to work on the workbench to make sure this thing is square (and it is). Shown upside down.

I also wanted to start some early measurements on the front end. It's tight in there with that big AMC. I'm going to investigate an oil filter relocation kit that bulltear.com is producing. That should give an acceptable amount of room. We're still looking about 106" WB, but it may push out to 107" to clear the crank pulley.
    Another problem we're facing is the header dump flange is RIGHT where we need to put the upper link mount. We'll have to get a little creative with it, but we'll make it work. It's time to work on the 3-link calculator, and I'm not looking forward to it at all. What sort of AD numbers am I looking for? (what's "neutral" on the calc?).
    Just mocking a little bit last night, it also looks like the track bar at full stuff will be slightly higher at the axle end. In theory, it should be pretty darn close to flat at ride height.

Looking back at the starter:

Front:

Why we had to go out a little:

Closeup:

Pass side:

Thanks, MC. Got it yesterday!

Can someone tell me the size/thread of the gold-ish fitting on the front of the relocation block? I need to get a plug for it.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepsr4ever

Thank you from BT Senior Wrench of the forum Old Rugged Crosser's Avatar
    Hey Dan: I posted this: Post Posted: Fri May 21, 2010 10:17 am Post subject:
    Dan, your coming right along. Looks good. I have a question. What is the round vertical sleeve at the end of your frame which is seen in the rear wheel well of you last picture Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 4:56 am

My question was generated by a pic you posted of your blue rig. I'm still curious.
    Larry The Old Rugged Crosser
    in a Old Rugged Cross'en 72 CJ-5
    ------------------------------------------
    You are invited to view my rebuild of The Old Rugged Crosser --CJ-5 at:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/rebuilding-old-rugged-crosser-cj5-1180801/

------------------------------------------
    "He that is kind is free, though he is a slave; he that is evil is a slave, though he be a king." - St. Augustine

Air bump cans.
    http://f-o-a.com/shop/index.php?main...fb1cb4c5820cab

It is sittin about 3 inches too tall right now. I need to play with the adjusters and spring rates.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Hey those are H2's arent they? What beadlocks did you go with?
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689