Thread: Oil pump housing modification????

651-257-7917 Call your order in!Forum Tech AdvisorVendor!Charter Memberpost padderFloridajeepers.net AdminFSJ fabricatorwww.Bulltear.comGear headModeratorNew to the forumSite AdminWeb GuyThe Web GuyAMCDragracing.comwww.Jeep-CJ.comSite AdminNew to the forumModeratorGear headwww.Bulltear.comFSJ fabricatorFloridajeepers.net AdminCharter Memberpost padderVendor!Forum Tech Advisor651-257-7917 Call your order in!Web GuyThe Web GuyAMCDragracing.comwww.Jeep-CJ.com

Oil pump housing modification????

I was reading an article with diagrams on modifying the oil pump housing to increase pressure. According to the article, the oil In-flow passage is much smaller than the out put passages. It says that inserting a long drill bit or rotary file and opening up then input passage will great increase the oil pressure. Has anyone done this? I am getting a new timing cover and was wondering if I should do this or just stick with stock??

It won't do anything for you if you have worn out bearings. If you're overhauling the motor, by all means do the mods.
    1969 Rebel 401 TH400
    1978 J10 401, QT
    1978 Wag 401 QT
    1973 Javelin AMX in pieces.

Thank you from BT Gear Head
    Gasket match the return hole into the block.
    In America, there is no natural, moral, or legal right, to obligate another person or persons, to your dept or desires.

Bulltear forum member New to the forum
    I had this done at my machine shop. They thought it was a pretty good idea. That said, my idle oil pressure (on a rebuilt) is 50 when cold, 20 when warm, 15 when hot (running for over an hour). Cruise oil pressure (same motor) is 50 when cold, 40 when warm, 35 when hot.

Granted, all of this is on a stock electric oil gauge. I still want to put on a mechanical gauge to judge by.