Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Cant get it to cut
Bulltear Ad
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cant get it to cut

Helpfull BT forum member Swabie

Cant get it to cut

I have been through all the setup steps in this forum and finally got some more time to spend trying to learn this system and I am having problems, I still havent cut a single piece on my machine.

Basically my problem is once I load the G-code and press start the torch moves into position, touches and then fires to pierce the material and then stops completly. It doesnt try to lift the torch or move, it just fires and then stops and stays in the same place. I have a piece of sheetmetal now with a ton of pierce points from trying different files and x/y locations, luckily it was scrap to begin with. No error codes or messages that I see and I have no idea where to go from here.

Using:
    Hypertherm 1250 with DTHC card wired and hand torch
    Z home tested good
    MP3000-THC-HighRef post processor
    MP3000-DTHC-UBOB2 Mach profile
    Ground clamp directly connected to the workpiece/sheetmetal

Every once in a while when I load another code or reload the code it will say in Mach that the Fault error is "requested home axis home switch is active...please fix, then home." The z home is however not active/tripped (checked physically and in diagnostic screen) and I dont have any other home switches. This is after it moves into position and fires then stops.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Does the Z axis come up for pierce height?

1. Windows XP?
    2. Did you load the mp3000 into sheetcam using the wizard?
    3. Under Config in Mach 3 in ports and pins whats you kernal speed?
    4. DTHC online button in Mach 3 lit up?
    5. Are you sure Z axis home switch is not used by any other home switch in Mach3?
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

I havent looked closely at it but I dont think the torch height is coming up when it pierces.

1. yes. System is used only for the CNC
    2. yes. (still have not got the license for sheetcam so it is the unliscened version but I dont think that is the problem?)
    3. 45000hz
    4. It blinks green
    5. Fairly certain. The other home switches are turned off and in the diagnostics screen the only light that comes on when triggered is the z-home

What its telling me is that you dont have the right pierce height in sheetcam. You are sure your Z axis home is working and activated? When you push the z axis upward does the Z home light up in the diagnostics tab in Mach 3?
    [COLOR=#000000]

email me at bobby@sadisticironworks.com and ill help u out. its easier then checking the forum

make sure u get the licence in to that helps alot

It sounds like the torch isnt reading the arc ok to move. What plasma cutter are you using?
    [COLOR=#000000]

Quote Originally Posted by jeepsr4ever
    What its telling me is that you dont have the right pierce height in sheetcam. You are sure your Z axis home is working and activated? When you push the z axis upward does the Z home light up in the diagnostics tab in Mach 3?
    Yes, z home lights up.

OK, I am going to have some time tomorrow to mess with it and on Wednesday. What do I need to check? I did enter a pierce height in sheetcam of around .125" if I remember right for the thin sheetmetal I am cutting.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepsr4ever
    It sounds like the torch isnt reading the arc ok to move. What plasma cutter are you using?
    Hypertherm 1250

Quote Originally Posted by sadisticiron
    email me at bobby@sadisticironworks.com and ill help u out. its easier then checking the forum
    Thanks, I will probably tomorrow.

Re-check your ground! If it doesnt get an arc ok to move your ground isnt hooked up. Also are you using a current transformer?
    [COLOR=#000000]

Not using a current transformer. I take the arc ok from the board (screw terminal block) inside the 1250. With the hand torch hooked up maybe the arc ok connections are disabled, I already had to bypass the torch switch found on that same screw terminal block and splice into the hand torch wires.

Jim, is the arc ok on the terminal block disabled with the hand torch hooked up?