Thread: York pulley

Thank you from BT Senior Wrench of the forum

York pulley

I am looking for a pulley to replace the broken one on my york a/c compressor. All I need is a pulley that will fit the 10 c.i. style compressor. This is the largest of the York compressors and the pulley shaft style is a "long taper with sharp edges at the end of the shaft".
    I have not had good luck at the dismantelers because they want to sell a complete unit. I was hoping to find a "bad" unit with a spare pulley. Can anyone help? Not in a big hurry, but would like to have all the parts for my on-board air sysyem this summer. Thanks.
    1978 cj7 amc360 t18a/d20/teralow, f30posi/r44locked, T/A670, never quite finished but running to beat all hell.....

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    Single or double belt?

Go to a U-pull-it yard, look at early Fords, Volvos, and some GMs along with AMCs. I think all the York shafts are the same diameter, just the ends are different to identify the displacement. Some Ford clutches stick out farther.

I might have one single belt one, but it's buried in storage, and it will be at least a couple of months before I get to it. (Building a new shed now). The single and double belts can't be interchanged, because the single runs a wider belt.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

Wasn't really sure about the interchangeability of the pulleys, but it makes sense that they would all fit each unit. Hoping not to search salvage yards because they do not want to seperate pulleys(ie. waste of time).

I believe that I have a setup for a single pulley. When did they run a double setup?
    1978 cj7 amc360 t18a/d20/teralow, f30posi/r44locked, T/A670, never quite finished but running to beat all hell.....

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    Some time in the mid 70s. My CJ has a 76 360 in it. I used all the factory Wagoneer brackets for the on-board air. Triple groove pulleys on the crank and water pump, double on the ALT and A/C. Double on the P/S. 2 identical belts around the alt, A/C, water pump and crank. 1 belt around the P/S, water pump, and crank. Then a short belt from the P/S to the AIR pump.

My 69 AMX with A/C has just 2 belts, one runs the water pump and alt, the other runs the A/C and P/S.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

Correction.......I have a double pulley on the a/c. Your belt arraingment sounds just like mine. Will find out more this weekend when I do a pre-assembly. Thanks.