Can somebody give ne the absolute low-down on cj wheels and the proper set back? Seems like a straight forward question, but here is my story......Last year bought a 1976 cj5 to resell and glean parts off. One of the reasons I bought it was for the wheels(rims). Unfortunately, after I installed these "outlaw" wheels along with some 33x12.50 M/T MTZ tires I had two problems.

1) New tire/ wheel combo contacted front leaf springs while turning. About 1/2-1".

2) Worse was that the brake caliper actually gouged the wheel at the outer portion of the rim.

I measured the back spacing on my original M/T and it is about 3 5/8". The set back on the "new" outlaws (off the '76 cj5) was 4". I know that I have the large set of calipers on my cj7. I was always told that a wheel off a '76 cj should fit a '78 cj. What am I missing? I am now running wheel spacers, but will be looking for some new wheel soon. Is a 3 5/8" B.S. the only wheel that will fit? What about the inside clearance to avoid the brake caliber?

Tis has been a very anoying problem, but nobody has been able to give me some specific info to date. Are some of these issues brand specific?