Bulltear Ad

Thread: Comp Camquest 6 hp estimate

Bulltear forum member Swabie

Comp Camquest 6 hp estimate

I recently bought a 0.30 over 360, 9:1 compression, Eddy Performer Plus cam, Performer intake and EFI that I would imagine is around 600 cfm. It will have headers with 3" X-pipe into Dynomax turbos followed by 2 1/2" tail pipes.

The info I put into Comp Camquest 6 come up with roughly 300 hp and 430 ftlbs of torque. Do these numbers look about right for this set up? Torque seems a little high to me.

thanks

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)
    HP is close... I'd say torque will be less... my guess is 340 ft-lbs... maybe a little more... i don't see it being 430 though.... I could be wrong, are you using the stock heads?

Yeah, stock heads. I didn't think it would be pumpin' that much torque....it would be nice though.

I switched up on projects. The Gremlin and 401 will have to wait til next spring. I got the chance to get my old '72 Matador back so I am gonna build a cruiser for this summer. Its a 4 door and goes about 3500lbs. So this 360 won't be a dog in it...probably just right.

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)
    Eric, you better get a move on man... soon summer will be gone... That 360 sounds like it'll be a solid performer...

I know....I am having a friend in NC do the engine swap for me so it gets done