Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Amc 360 rebuild pics
Bulltear Ad

Thread: Amc 360 rebuild pics

Thank you from BT Senior Wrench of the forum

Amc 360 rebuild pics

These are the ongoing photos of my 1978 cj7 engine rebuild. Engine is not yet topped out, but you get the idea.

Hopefully these all turn out alright as this is my first time posting pics (still learning). Will continue to update pics as I progress. Hope to have jeep reassembled by Aug. With all new drive train also.
    1978 cj7 amc360 t18a/d20/teralow, f30posi/r44locked, T/A670, never quite finished but running to beat all hell.....

What make fuel pump do you have? All mine have the fittings on the bottom.

Haven't ssn one with fittings on the bottom. It is just a stock unit boughtat auto zone. I have an electric back up.
    1978 cj7 amc360 t18a/d20/teralow, f30posi/r44locked, T/A670, never quite finished but running to beat all hell.....

I just double checked on my '71 304 and the fittings are on the bottom. Now that engine came in the '68 Javelin I bought 4 years ago and I haven't changed the pump. I have a '79 304 in a stand, so I looked at that pump and sure enough its like yours. Guess I should check that the pump on the car wasn't installed upside down? Never questioned this before,,,

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    stock pumps have the fittings on the top. The output lline runs up behind the PS Pump to the carb. I had a heck of a time bending and fitting a new line for mine.

After I did some more changes, I installed a Carter with the fittings on the bottom and plumbed it all with AN fittings & hoses to the regulator and press gauge.

Image is a representation of this part. Actual part may vary.

*pic is a link to full size image*
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)
    Mud... So when will she be on the road? Just looked through your pics, I seen the distributor... looks identical to the one I got from a dealer in Tennessee for $56.

Juggernaughts pics.............tranny and transfer are getting rebuilt with a dana low kit next week and hope to be home to reassemble by Aug. Will post more pics as rebuild goes on, when I get back to Az.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Quote Originally Posted by fifesjeep
    Mud... So when will she be on the road? Just looked through your pics, I seen the distributor... looks identical to the one I got from a dealer in Tennessee for $56.
    Hopefully soon. I have the hydoboost in, need to bleed the brakes and adjust the clutch. Headed on another road trip tomorrow (Sat), so maybe when I get back? Would like to see some new heads and a good 400 or a 700, when I get back, but not holding my breath. So for now, the T-5 will have to do for a while. . I still have the 465 and T-18 but haven't rebuilt them yet. Still have the HD yoked, D300 T-case with the 4:1, twin stick ready to install
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

oops......sorry. Must have missed something.