Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
SIGNH GROOVE HEADS
Bulltear Ad

Thread: SIGNH GROOVE HEADS

Thank you from BT Senior Wrench of the forum Old Rugged Crosser's Avatar

SIGNH GROOVE HEADS

Well guys, I have been busy and the following pic's will show. I am ready now to finish with the new brass valve guides and the valve grind. The pic's show the unfinished hardened seats and the Singh grooves cut into the heads. I must say I would never attempt this without a dremel tool. It is the tool to use as it is so easy to control.

I must admit that I was shaking when I first went to work cutting the grooves. It is very unnerving to start cutting on some perfectly good heads knowing that one slip could undo everything and make a hunk of junk out of them. I hope it will have been worth it.

Supposedly it will allow the use of lower octane gas with no pinging or knocking. It also is supposed to allow the leaning out of the jets in the carb--makes better gas milage. And according to the articles it also is a plus on lower operating temps of the motor. We'll see! I am going to put 02 bungs in the header collectors to monitor it.

Also shown is the exhaust and intake ports after I ported them out. They are quite a bit bigger wouldn't you say? I cut them to match the gaskets so they now match. I also went inside and cut some smooth turning radiuses. Cut out the valve pockets and polished them for full flow. I just wish I had a flow bench to tell if I made any progress. But there must have been some improvement for all the work. It kept me busy while I was waiting for my Bulltear parts--lots of them!

Here's the pic's:

I found some ss valves with undercut stems. 2.020 int. and 1.688 exh. valves. Now if I only knew the proper angles to use for the 3 way grind! Hellooooo out there!
    [/img]
    Larry The Old Rugged Crosser
    in a Old Rugged Cross'en 72 CJ-5
    ------------------------------------------
    You are invited to view my rebuild of The Old Rugged Crosser --CJ-5 at:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/rebuilding-old-rugged-crosser-cj5-1180801/

------------------------------------------
    "He that is kind is free, though he is a slave; he that is evil is a slave, though he be a king." - St. Augustine

651-257-7917 Call your order in!Forum Tech AdvisorVendor!Charter Memberpost padderFloridajeepers.net AdminFSJ fabricatorwww.Bulltear.comGear headModeratorNew to the forumSite AdminWeb GuyThe Web GuyAMCDragracing.comwww.Jeep-CJ.comSite AdminNew to the forumModeratorGear headwww.Bulltear.comFSJ fabricatorFloridajeepers.net AdminCharter Memberpost padderVendor!Forum Tech Advisor651-257-7917 Call your order in!Web GuyThe Web GuyAMCDragracing.comwww.Jeep-CJ.com
    Looks like you had fun, hope it works out for ya!

What did you order from bulltear? I know it was like waiting on christmas when I placed my order!!

-Matt

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Dont polish your combustion chamer ou dont want to reflect heat back onto the piston if you can help it. The mixing/spark travel lines look good though! You didnt take a seat out Larry!!
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689