Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
dist end play
Bulltear Ad

Thread: dist end play

651-257-7917 Call your order in!Forum Tech AdvisorVendor!Charter Memberpost padderFloridajeepers.net AdminFSJ fabricatorwww.Bulltear.comGear headModeratorNew to the forumSite AdminWeb GuyThe Web GuyAMCDragracing.comwww.Jeep-CJ.comSite AdminNew to the forumModeratorGear headwww.Bulltear.comFSJ fabricatorFloridajeepers.net AdminCharter Memberpost padderVendor!Forum Tech Advisor651-257-7917 Call your order in!Web GuyThe Web GuyAMCDragracing.comwww.Jeep-CJ.com

dist end play

how much end play is the dist supposed to have? i mean between the actual shaft and the gear itself?

thanks

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)
    Hmmm, that's a good question... If I had to guess I'd say between .001" to .002"... maybe a little tighter, I do know that if I have the slightest amount of debris on the shaft the gear won't go on unless it's forced... I'm not big on forcing things.

651-257-7917 Call your order in!Forum Tech AdvisorVendor!Charter Memberpost padderFloridajeepers.net AdminFSJ fabricatorwww.Bulltear.comGear headModeratorNew to the forumSite AdminWeb GuyThe Web GuyAMCDragracing.comwww.Jeep-CJ.comSite AdminNew to the forumModeratorGear headwww.Bulltear.comFSJ fabricatorFloridajeepers.net AdminCharter Memberpost padderVendor!Forum Tech Advisor651-257-7917 Call your order in!Web GuyThe Web GuyAMCDragracing.comwww.Jeep-CJ.com
    so basically no play at all then?

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    Are you talking shaft to gear, or housing to gear? The gear should fit snugly on the shaft. Gear to housing (basically up/down movement of the shaft should be around .015-.020". I've pulled stock distributors with .050-060", so I don't think the measurement is too critical. They do make shims for between the housing/gear to adjust the end play.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

yes i mean the up and down movement. right now mine has .010" of play

i just don't want to put it together and have this as the reason that i eat another set of gears

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Quote Originally Posted by fifesjeep
    ... I'm not big on forcing things.
    That's NOT what I heard
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Up and down a little .008-.060 realistically. The reason for the play is for the expansion of the distributor stem so your not binding the shaft.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)
    Hmmm, when you say Shaft and Gear I think fitment of the gear on the shaft, if you would've said, gear to housing then all would've been clear...

Mud... I guess it depends on what it is Not sure where you get your info from hahaha

sorrry for the confusion but thanks that answers my question

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Quote Originally Posted by fifesjeep
    Mud... I guess it depends on what it is Not sure where you get your info from hahaha
    Same place you do - the Clinton Impeachment trials
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE