Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's Your Choice In Pistols

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Back off vacation, and back to work

226 is a good pistol. Had some fits and starts early on but they've worked the kinks out. It's in the trials for the Beretta replacement and is in use by various Spec Ops groups around the world. I like it from a function & weight points of view, but I need to slim down the grip a bit to fit my hand comfortably.

Get a new one if that's the route you want to take. Older versions (pre-96 or 98 ) have a problematic trigger spring. And if you can find it, get the K-coat version. The finish will last a lot longer and not be as susceptible to rusting from being carried close to a sweating body.
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudrat
    Back off vacation, and back to work

226 is a good pistol. Had some fits and starts early on but they've worked the kinks out. It's in the trials for the Beretta replacement and is in use by various Spec Ops groups around the world. I like it from a function & weight points of view, but I need to slim down the grip a bit to fit my hand comfortably.

Get a new one if that's the route you want to take. Older versions (pre-96 or 98 ) have a problematic trigger spring. And if you can find it, get the K-coat version. The finish will last a lot longer and not be as susceptible to rusting from being carried close to a sweating body.
    I'm looking at getting another pistol, only this one will be for the wife... The Sig felt and looks really good. Hmmm, it might be a good companion for the H&K...
    I understand about the grip.. I prefer a narrower grip... the H&K is almost too bulky but it's tolerable.

If this is for the spousal unit, look at some of the 380's with eithoer Black Talon or Hydroshocks to exit the business end.
    I like the Wather PPK (James Bond) but they ARE spendy!! The H&Ks and other big names are more than the Glock or Sig's!!!!
    Function over fancy, and the ammo makes up the difference!
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

sam preffers the smith &wesson .357 snub nose detective special
    83 eagle (r.i.p.)
    85 gl1200 gold wing LTD pilot
    1999 gl1500C valkyrie(plain gold wing)
    1994 jeep grand cherokee limited pilot
    McDonnell Douglas c-17 mechanic
    corrupting people since 1962

Well, my wife is 6' and her hands are the size of mine so small guns are no good.... lol. Definitely want something "compact" slightly shorter than my H&K tactical. I am thinking something of the .40 S&W should do her alright, No 9mm crap! I Might just get her that Sig and if she doesn't like it then I'll have two nice pistols.
    She's pretty persistant stating that she wants pink on it though (WTF)... I guess I have to start pricing things out to see how much it'll cost to have it coated pink I hope it's expensive and she says "Never mind, that's too expensive!" hahaha

If this is for the spousal unit, look at some of the 380's with eithoer Black Talon or Hydroshocks to exit the business end.
    I like the Wather PPK (James Bond) but they ARE spendy!! The H&Ks and other big names are more than the Glock or Sig's!!!!
    Function over fancy, and the ammo makes up the difference!
    The H&K Tactical 45 and the Sig TacOps were relatively priced the same... maybe $150 difference. Everything that I have read about the sig and compared that to the H&K seems like it's comparing apples to apples. I wish I could've shot them and them made a decision. However, I do like the raised sites on the H&K as well as the threaded barrel

Ummm... Rich, the number of times I've been to you're place I've only seen the kids!!! Spousal unit is taller than me!! But, the HAND size is what make the call. .40 Smith or .357 Sig are cood choices. Cost of ammo is the next condiseration!!

Quote Originally Posted by fifesjeep
    Well, my wife is 6' and her hands are the size of mine so small guns are no good.... lol. Definitely want something "compact" slightly shorter than my H&K tactical. I am thinking something of the .40 S&W should do her alright, No 9mm crap! I Might just get her that Sig and if she doesn't like it then I'll have two nice pistols.
    She's pretty persistant stating that she wants pink on it though (WTF)... I guess I have to start pricing things out to see how much it'll cost to have it coated pink I hope it's expensive and she says "Never mind, that's too expensive!" hahaha
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Ummm... Rich, the number of times I've been to you're place I've only seen the kids!!! Spousal unit is taller than me!! But, the HAND size is what make the call. .40 Smith or .357 Sig are cood choices. Cost of ammo is the next condiseration!!
    Yes sir, She's taller than me too... It was for Breeding purposes... Truth be told, it must be the German blood that runs through my veins or possibly it's something to do with my

You know something, I really like these "Emoticons"

The H&K Tact 45 fit her hand pretty good, I'm figuring something a little smaller would do her a tad better... I might get a pistol that has those pieces to make the handle different thicknesses.
    Currently I'm not too worried about the cost of Ammo, once I get enough casings and lead I'll be good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by fifesjeep
    Yes sir, She's taller than me too... It was for Breeding purposes... Truth be told, it must be the German blood that runs through my veins or possibly it's something to do with my

You know something, I really like these "Emoticons"

The H&K Tact 45 fit her hand pretty good, I'm figuring something a little smaller would do her a tad better... I might get a pistol that has those pieces to make the handle different thicknesses.
    Currently I'm not too worried about the cost of Ammo, once I get enough casings and lead I'll be good to go.

i guess i'm the short guy at 5' 8". wifie is 5'4" so the s&w works for her and so does a 12 gauge with the box of slugs i have hey rich , when i was in the army i dated a young lady who was mere 6'4" . it was different looking straight up at her but i did have a great view of her breasts
    83 eagle (r.i.p.)
    85 gl1200 gold wing LTD pilot
    1999 gl1500C valkyrie(plain gold wing)
    1994 jeep grand cherokee limited pilot
    McDonnell Douglas c-17 mechanic
    corrupting people since 1962

Quote Originally Posted by rollen dean montoya
    hey rich, when i was in the army i dated a young lady who was mere 6'4". it was different looking straight up at her but i did have a great view of her breasts
    6'4" When I hear about chicks that are that tall I think about "Legs, she knows how to use them".
    6'4" definitely = perfect eye level/Motor boat?