Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
FREAK'N HOT!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FREAK'N HOT!!!

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS

FREAK'N HOT!!!

It's 9PM and still 100* oustide!! Tried to work in the shop, but my A/C was only good for 80* when it was 108* outside!!!

Need some parts and tech assist to get the Serp setup and hydroboost installed. Chaps my ass when it all dosen't come together as planned

'Rat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT Senior Wrench of the forum Old Rugged Crosser's Avatar
    Mudrat, wrote:

[quote]
    Need some parts and tech assist to get the Serp setup and hydroboost installed.

I have a hydroboost installed on my jeep and have used it on my Ford pickup. Can I be of use in some info?
    Larry The Old Rugged Crosser
    in a Old Rugged Cross'en 72 CJ-5
    ------------------------------------------
    You are invited to view my rebuild of The Old Rugged Crosser --CJ-5 at:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/rebuilding-old-rugged-crosser-cj5-1180801/

"He that is kind is free, though he is a slave; he that is evil is a slave, though he be a king." - St. Augustine

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    Not that hot here, but hot, and since the body shop has been taking forever to get my J-truck done, he has the box, I have the rest disassembled, I'm thinking I'll put A/C in it before it all gets reassembled.
    parting several FSJ'S

Quote Originally Posted by Old Rugged Crosser
    I have a hydroboost installed on my jeep and have used it on my Ford pickup. Can I be of use in some info?
    How do you get those hi pressure hose fittings assembled! I've tried the hose in a vise and screwing on the fitting, the fitting in the vise screwing the hose and even chucked the hose up in in a crosswise vise and using the 20 hydraulic press to both push them on AND using a wrench to turn the fitting while applying pressure. so far the only thing that's been screwed is me

For the Serp setup, need MC. Looks like I'm missing a part.

What hapend to the thumbnail code on Photobucket??? Don't likethe fill size pics in a post
    Hydroboost

Serp setup as received
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

hey rat, youripped off my hydroboost off sam's astro. wait a
    minutes you took the old one. the astro still has the new one . BTW you guys haven't experienced heat till you cook
    your breakfast on the croncrete or the asphault. then again
    do death valley when it's 125 in the shade
    83 eagle (r.i.p.)
    85 gl1200 gold wing LTD pilot
    1999 gl1500C valkyrie(plain gold wing)
    1994 jeep grand cherokee limited pilot
    McDonnell Douglas c-17 mechanic
    corrupting people since 1962

Quote Originally Posted by rollen dean montoya
    hey rat, youripped off my hydroboost off sam's astro. wait a
    minutes you took the old one. the astro still has the new one . BTW you guys haven't experienced heat till you cook
    your breakfast on the croncrete or the asphault. then again
    do death valley when it's 125 in the shade
    Thanks for the non-help on getting the hosed together RDM - figured working aircraft you might have had some tip!
    And you don't need to tell me about hot - try Iraq or any of the UAE countires during the summer, in combat gear. It's your voluntary dislocation to the desert that keeps you there

It was 100 in the shade at 10AM today. Been working on the man-childs truck in the driveway.
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

[/b]Muskrat wrote:
    I've tried the hose in a vise and screwing on the fitting, the fitting in the vise screwing the hose and even chucked the hose up in in a crosswise vise and using the 20 hydraulic press to both push them on AND using a wrench to turn the fitting while applying pressure. so far the only thing that's been screwed is me
    I used SS hose with #6 AN fittings using the standard procedure. Hold you mouth correctly and stop looking for phony excuses!!

Any thing else I can help you with???

Now can I get back to my 6way power seat switch install in my CJ ?

"He that is kind is free, though he is a slave; he that is evil is a slave, though he be a king." - St. Augustine

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    what type fittings and hose are you using

best ever 11.669 @ 112.33 mph in 1/4 mile on 33 x 10.50 slicks and 4" lift / 7.358 @ 93.03 mph in the 1/8 mile

Quote Originally Posted by Old Rugged Crosser
    Muskrat
    Any thing else I can help you with???

Now can I get back to my 6way power seat switch install in my CJ ?
    Cute change Larry

Using 10K PSI hose (part of the kit), fiber and steel reenforced. Tried the same method as the Russell fuel lines (with AN fittings) and got blisters doing the first hose It took me over 3 hours to 'screw' the fittings on the first today - there has to be a bettery way? Thinking of taking them down to the Hose MFR'ng place and having them put the ends on, then finishing the plumbing. The return lines are easy

Hope your tush enjoys the 6-way power seats. Got those in the Wag (with heaters), and that's my next major project
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Fuzz, Did I just eject you out of your seat when you read that I use SS Braided hose? I can just hear you say
    "WHAT DID YOU SAY YOU USE?"

Aeroquip racing hose is good for 1000 #'s and 300 deg.

By the way how are your eyes doing? I'm sure we are all concerned.