Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
2x3 build and questions
Bulltear Ad
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2x3 build and questions

651-257-7917 Call your order in!Forum Tech AdvisorVendor!Charter Memberpost padderFloridajeepers.net AdminFSJ fabricatorwww.Bulltear.comGear headModeratorNew to the forumSite AdminWeb GuyThe Web GuyAMCDragracing.comwww.Jeep-CJ.comSite AdminNew to the forumModeratorGear headwww.Bulltear.comFSJ fabricatorFloridajeepers.net AdminCharter Memberpost padderVendor!Forum Tech Advisor651-257-7917 Call your order in!Web GuyThe Web GuyAMCDragracing.comwww.Jeep-CJ.com

2x3 build and questions

Test

651-257-7917 Call your order in!Forum Tech AdvisorVendor!Charter Memberpost padderFloridajeepers.net AdminFSJ fabricatorwww.Bulltear.comGear headModeratorNew to the forumSite AdminWeb GuyThe Web GuyAMCDragracing.comwww.Jeep-CJ.comSite AdminNew to the forumModeratorGear headwww.Bulltear.comFSJ fabricatorFloridajeepers.net AdminCharter Memberpost padderVendor!Forum Tech Advisor651-257-7917 Call your order in!Web GuyThe Web GuyAMCDragracing.comwww.Jeep-CJ.com
    Well I have finally got everything assembled and I'm loving having this in my garage.

I had a friend put together the laptop for me, It is a Dell Inspiron 600m, that is now 1.5 gig.
    Upon some Research I found out in order to get the laptop to communicate from the db25 port properly I had to update the ACPI driver to "Standard PC"
    Now I do have some troubles with my setup.
    NOTE: I am no computer expert by any means.
    I cannot get the laptop to communicate with my gantry kit. Even when I trip the height limit switch the M3 home does not come on in Mach 3( I do have the license installed)
    I converted a file I have made to G code with sheet cam and have run it through Mach 3 with no success.(no movement from the gantry)
    Here is a list of what I have troubleshot so far:
    I have checked the db25 cable and it is not a crossover cable.
    I have also gone through the setup instructions 4-5 times and double checked everything.(maybe im missing something simple?)
    (my only difference was the notation in my setup disc to set output #3 to port 1 pin 1)
    Here are some screen shots I took of the Engine Config.

I'm looking forward to any tips to get me headed in the right direction.

Owen

I'm also wondering how to go about hooking up the torch trigger to my hypertherm powermax 380.
    Is the two wire lead coming from the controller box hooked up to a relay internally? so if that's the case just hook it to my trigger on off switch? ( I know this is covered in the set up instructions, I just want to double check)

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    First off the table looks great! Second you dont have a Z home setting in ports and pins nor any direction settings...did you wipe these out? Did you load the G54LM file like in the instruction on the site here?

Here is a quick start guide that should get you up and running.

[COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

[COLOR=#000000]

As far as torch relay goes there is already on in the control head you just need to splice the two wires into the plasma cutter for on/off operations.
    [COLOR=#000000]

I think I messed up installing the G54LM file, I moved it to the mach3 folder but dont think I installed it.
    I will let you know how it goes after work tonight.

How was fishing?
    Im leaving for the lake after I play with the programing.
    Its fishing is suposed to be really good right now.

I have tried to load the G54LM file in Mach 3.
    Once its moved into the folder I right clicked on it.
    Selected Mach3 to open it, then got a pop up saying plug in installed.
    So far it hasn't changed my ports and pins config.

But I'm off to the lake for the weekend. Fishing and Seeing the Grandparents is Priority.

Ill probably speak with you guys monday.

Helpfull BT forum member Captain
    Just an observation - first pic - kernel speed setting looks pretty low. will cause jerky motor moves if too high, not sure what happens when its low/on a laptop. iirc recommended is 65000, i've got mine set at 45000. (was jerky, so I slowed it down)

IT CUTS!
    got 8 slats done tonight. way more to go....
    Im quite happy with how its working.
    I found out my second mistake on my table design.
    Looks like I have to mod it.
    Ill have some pics up after work tomorrow.