Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
1982 Jeep J-10 Pickup Restoration Project Stepside

Thread: 1982 Jeep J-10 Pickup Restoration Project Stepside

651-257-7917 Call your order in!Forum Tech AdvisorVendor!Charter Memberpost padderFloridajeepers.net AdminFSJ fabricatorwww.Bulltear.comGear headModeratorNew to the forumSite AdminWeb GuyThe Web GuyAMCDragracing.comwww.Jeep-CJ.comSite AdminNew to the forumModeratorGear headwww.Bulltear.comFSJ fabricatorFloridajeepers.net AdminCharter Memberpost padderVendor!Forum Tech Advisor651-257-7917 Call your order in!Web GuyThe Web GuyAMCDragracing.comwww.Jeep-CJ.com

1982 Jeep J-10 Pickup Restoration Project Stepside

I started to restore this truck way back in 1998 I got the interior 75% done. Then in 2000 it started having engine problems so I had the engine pulled and a rebuild started by a family friend....terrible idea.

In the end he lost my block 1 of the heads, and who knows what else! Since then I've purchased a good core from a 1988 waggy, and started having the engine built, replacing some of the problematic stock parts with bulltear stuff.

The engine is nearly finished, and I should have it done in the next week or so. I had a local machine shop do the engine build I found a machinist that was really willing to work with me and let me provide some of the parts I wanted to use.

The truck is being kept in my FILs garage, I need to get it moved over by my shop (storage facility) so I can drop the engine into it. I will get some pics of the interior work that was done once I get the truck moved.

Subscribe! Updates may be several weeks apart.

-Matt

651-257-7917 Call your order in!Forum Tech AdvisorVendor!Charter Memberpost padderFloridajeepers.net AdminFSJ fabricatorwww.Bulltear.comGear headModeratorNew to the forumSite AdminWeb GuyThe Web GuyAMCDragracing.comwww.Jeep-CJ.comSite AdminNew to the forumModeratorGear headwww.Bulltear.comFSJ fabricatorFloridajeepers.net AdminCharter Memberpost padderVendor!Forum Tech Advisor651-257-7917 Call your order in!Web GuyThe Web GuyAMCDragracing.comwww.Jeep-CJ.com
    Pic of the truck from 2000 before the engine was pulled.

Pics of the short block build.

Update! Pics with roller rockers, lifters, valves, springs, & pushrods installed. Heads are now done! Now to cover the beauty with the bulltear legends!

Update!

The engine has left the machine shop, completed! Now to get it on my engine stand at work, and finish the details before I get it dropped back into the truck.

-Matt

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Are those 1.6 or 1.8 rockers?
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

1.6 they are the 'bolt on' pedestal type from scorpian. I can't wait to see the performace this engine has.

-Matt

Thank you from BT Junior wrench of the Forum
    Now you will have to restore the truck, that engine is WAY to clean to put in that old dirty truck!

Very nice job!
    74 CJ5, 360w/T-18/D20, Scout D44's Locked front & rear w 5.38's, 36" Swampers & a ton of work...

It's a Jeep thing, Chrysler doesn't understand!

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)
    So what's the status?