Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Dana 60 finally...

Thread: Dana 60 finally...

Thank you from BT Master Mechanic

Dana 60 finally...

Finally found a Dana 60 front for my J10 truck that was... #1 reasonably priced #2 not all the way across the country.

By measuring I think the width will work as stock. It'll only be 3 inches wider than the rear. The spring pearches are about an inch narrower than stock J10 width. I think I may be able to fudge the differance on the spring pads.

Now I need a locker...

I don't really want to hook up to the welded part on the drag link?!? (don't think that is DOT approved )

Should I just buy a cross over steering kit? Don't want bump steering problems as the springs will be going above the axle now I suppose.

Any ideas??

If this new part can't break....what old part will??

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)
    What is the width of that axle, 67.5"? Just Lincoln Lock the spiders. If done right you'll never have an issue with it. Cross-over is nice. What is the trucks c to c for the perches?

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    I'd definately loose that link perch!!!

To avoid the bump steer, keep your steering angles as close to 0* as possible. The drag link and tie rod should be close to parallel as you can get them. On a D-44 I had a problem with my Hi-steer hitting the springs, so I opted for the Reider Racing knuckles. The Chevy D-60's are $253 a pop ... but are a lot stronger than OEM.

http://www.reiderracing.com/advanced...s=d60+knuckles
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

I have Reid Racing knuckles and 5-stud high steer arms. Put the tie rod above the springs. Done.

Thank you from BT Master Mechanic
    pics anyone?? Would like to stay under the axle for wrap up and bounce reasons...but I don't think that will be possible.

This will be for pulling at the fairs...alot of weight hanging off the front also. Going to Alex pull on Sunday to ask around what the other guys are hanging off the front. Did run 400lbs with the dana 44...but think I can bump that up now with the dana 60

Will post the measurments late tonight...at work now.
    If this new part can't break....what old part will??