Thread: Front rotors?

651-257-7917 Call your order in!Forum Tech AdvisorVendor!Charter Memberpost padderFloridajeepers.net AdminFSJ fabricatorwww.Bulltear.comGear headModeratorNew to the forumSite AdminWeb GuyThe Web GuyAMCDragracing.comwww.Jeep-CJ.comSite AdminNew to the forumModeratorGear headwww.Bulltear.comFSJ fabricatorFloridajeepers.net AdminCharter Memberpost padderVendor!Forum Tech Advisor651-257-7917 Call your order in!Web GuyThe Web GuyAMCDragracing.comwww.Jeep-CJ.com

Front rotors?

How can I tell what rotors I have without pulling the rotor off and looking at it. I seen that the 81 CJ7 came with a hub assmbley style and a regular style rotor

Thank you from BT Senior Wrench of the forum Old Rugged Crosser's Avatar

Re: Front rotors?

Quote Originally Posted by donald
    How can I tell what rotors I have without pulling the rotor off and looking at it. I seen that the 81 CJ7 came with a hub assmbley style and a regular style rotor
    If you don't want to pull the rotor off you might ask it which style it its.
    Larry The Old Rugged Crosser
    in a Old Rugged Cross'en 72 CJ-5
    ------------------------------------------
    You are invited to view my rebuild of The Old Rugged Crosser --CJ-5 at:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/rebuilding-old-rugged-crosser-cj5-1180801/

------------------------------------------
    "He that is kind is free, though he is a slave; he that is evil is a slave, though he be a king." - St. Augustine

651-257-7917 Call your order in!Forum Tech AdvisorVendor!Charter Memberpost padderFloridajeepers.net AdminFSJ fabricatorwww.Bulltear.comGear headModeratorNew to the forumSite AdminWeb GuyThe Web GuyAMCDragracing.comwww.Jeep-CJ.comSite AdminNew to the forumModeratorGear headwww.Bulltear.comFSJ fabricatorFloridajeepers.net AdminCharter Memberpost padderVendor!Forum Tech Advisor651-257-7917 Call your order in!Web GuyThe Web GuyAMCDragracing.comwww.Jeep-CJ.com
    LOL!!!

No for real! I am in Afghanistan and my father has my Jeep and I am trying to order the correct parts for the thing so he can install them for me.

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    I think the hub assembly style has the cast hub included as part of the rotor where as the regular type is replaced by pressing or pounding the wheel studs out and removing it from the rotor. He should be able to tell by pulling the wheel of and seeing if the rotor and the cast hub assembly are two separate parts. Dont take my word for it but that is how I remember it. someone who knows for sure is bound to come along soon

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    80-up (if it's original), would have the small brakes. Not sure of the diameter, but 7/8" (.875") thick. You can verify this by looking at the caliper bracket. It should be bolted to the knuckle with 2 bolts. Like said above, they are 2 piece. Once the lug bolts are pressed out, the rotor will separate from the hub.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford