Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
leaky 360 - Page 2
Bulltear Ad
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: leaky 360

Thank you from BT Senior Wrench of the forum Old Rugged Crosser's Avatar
    Dan, In your other post concerning the need of more low end power for those short burst of speed. I was looking at the pic you have here on your oil leaking problem I saw your intake manifold and have a suggestion for you that could help you in your desire for more low end torque and hp. I think you are using the wrong manifold for what you are trying to achieve. Here is my suggestion from Edelbrock :

Performer #2131 (Idle - 5500 RPM)
    Patented Dual-plane, low-rise design with a 180º firing order greatly improves torque over a wide rpm range for excellent throttle response from off-idle through 5500rpm. Performers are ideal for passenger cars, trucks, 4x4s and RV's.

While you are torn down this mite be the time to swap.

p.s. I would think that that 90* fitting on your intake would be for your vacuum to your power brake booster. Your pvc valve should go below your carb.
    Larry The Old Rugged Crosser
    in a Old Rugged Cross'en 72 CJ-5
    ------------------------------------------
    You are invited to view my rebuild of The Old Rugged Crosser --CJ-5 at:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/rebuilding-old-rugged-crosser-cj5-1180801/

------------------------------------------
    "He that is kind is free, though he is a slave; he that is evil is a slave, though he be a king." - St. Augustine

Larry, that's the manifold that I have.

I did find something interesting tonight. It has no PCV valve....

Pictures speak a thousand words (or so I hope).

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    what does the hose with the yellow cap on it go to?

best ever 11.669 @ 112.33 mph in 1/4 mile on 33 x 10.50 slicks and 4" lift / 7.358 @ 93.03 mph in the 1/8 mile

Quote Originally Posted by fuzz401
    what does the hose with the yellow cap on it go to?
    That runs from the hole (assuming PCV) on the back of the intake manifold to the propane mixer. I pulled it apart last night while running. It's making vacuum at idle, and it stumbled when disconnected.

there is a yellow cap on the base of the mixer that is not used could the pvc valve be hooked there with a bigger hose to pull more vacumn?

best ever 11.669 @ 112.33 mph in 1/4 mile on 33 x 10.50 slicks and 4" lift / 7.358 @ 93.03 mph in the 1/8 mile

I can give that a whirl tonight when I get back up to the garage. Would I still want to try the valve covers?

if you can get more vac pull you should be able to not use the valve cover breathers

Thank you from BT Grease Monkey
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzz401
    there is a yellow cap on the base of the mixer that is not used could the pvc valve be hooked there with a bigger hose to pull more vacumn?
    The yellow cap you are seeing is covering a stud. That Impco uses a Holly vac. secondary base plate rigged to run primary and secondary butterflies together. (Same one on mine)

Dan:

There is a 1/8" NPTF fitting in the middle of the rear of the baseplate. Screw a barb fitting into it for your PVC vac. Makes for a clean install...

The vac ports on the mixer body in the front are for the old fuel controller that was a POS. There is only one of value and that is the ported vac (draws from above the throttle plates) for the vac advance on the dist. Can't remember which one, I run manifold vac to the advance. There is one vac port on teh front of the baseplate too, it's full manifold.

The PCV valve is a small metal can with a barb on one end for the vac line and pushes into the grommet on the manifold (can be a PITA). Make sure it is not plugged.

Hope this helps....
    Its a Jeep Thing --- No one understands!

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Thank you from BT Grease Monkey
    Boy was I off.... That's an OMG - 450 mixer....

Same Holly baseplate, different vac lines. IIRC, There is only one vac port on the mixerbody (Ported). All ports in the baseplate are full manifold vac.

It looks like you are not running vac advance on your dist. It's generally a good idea...

Another idea to help w/ torque would be to heat up your ign. Propane likes a hot spark. Best thing I did to mine since propane was a CDI box and 12v coil. (MSD 6AL + Blaster coil) Pick your brand... They're all the same.
    Its a Jeep Thing --- No one understands!

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
    -Abraham Lincoln