Bulltear Ad
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Torch Height Control Problems

Helpfull BT forum member Swabie
    Creepy, it happens with thc on. I have not confirmed the cutting height. The switch offset has been entered in both Mach settings and the sheetcam post. Using a normal shield, not the drag shield.

Been out of town the last 2 weeks and I have been under the weather the past few days so I havent had a chance to mess with it. thanks!

Helpfull BT forum member Captain
    A few things -

1. In cut profiles, shut off the THC from coming on automatically. (global setting)
    Run a part and confirm the tip cutting height WITHOUT the THC correction. Should be .060", might be a bit different for your 1250. Just shut off in the cut and measure the spark gap.

2. I'm running a powermax45, you've got a 1250...not sure if its relevant, but none of my tip volts are as high as 149V like you have listed. That would make the torch go up, up, up.

3. Possibly install the Smart-Kut software upgrade from CandCNC. It auto-learns the tip voltage preset. TomC. cautions it won't fix a problem, only install on good working unit.

4. Do some line tests. Draw a 6" line and practice cutting it until you get your settings dialed. Cut with the THC off and note the tip volts at a confirmed .060". Use this new 'actual tested' tip volt setting in your cut profile and try cutting the lines with the THC on again.

That should give you some clue as to what is going on.