Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Adjustable engine hoist

Thread: Adjustable engine hoist

Thank you from BT Senior Wrench of the forum Old Rugged Crosser's Avatar

Adjustable engine hoist

One of the best tool purchases I have made recently is the adjustable engine hoist pictured below.

Lowering the engine attached to the transmission and transfer case can be a problem to balance while installing in it's home. Especially is this so when the angle has to change as it is being lowered into the engine cavity. This time I decided to purchase this tool as I have seen it advertised at Harbor Freight. Boy am I glad that I put out the $30 for it as it made lowering the load a 1 man job.

I welded a 1/2 drive socket to the handle so I could use my impact gun to do the cranking when changes in angle were needed.

If you don't have one yet, get one. You won't be sorry I can guarantee it.

[img]

Larry The Old Rugged Crosser
    in a Old Rugged Cross'en 72 CJ-5
    ------------------------------------------
    You are invited to view my rebuild of The Old Rugged Crosser --CJ-5 at:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/rebuilding-old-rugged-crosser-cj5-1180801/

------------------------------------------
    "He that is kind is free, though he is a slave; he that is evil is a slave, though he be a king." - St. Augustine

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Have the leveler, but didn't weld a socket on there - just use the ratchet. But agree makes it much easier even if it's more than 2 doing the job (which has been . . . NEVER!!)
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    I bought one when I was dropping the engine in the AMX. It's a huge help when dropping the engine with the trans attached.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford