Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
gas tank

Thread: gas tank

Helpfull BT forum member Swabie

gas tank

my gas tank started leaking and was curious what you guys are using oem or plastic, 15 or 21 gal, aftermarket if so what brand

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    What vehicle? May limit your resources for a replacement.
    I have a 69' amx & I am using an oem tank that has been coated inside and out by tank-renu.
    he who dies with the most toys wins!!!
    69' amx 390 4 speed best et 11.85 @ 116mph
    VOTEBUTTON

Helpfull BT forum member Swabie
    sorry i have an '81 cj7

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    Plastic won't rust again.... The biggest problems with CJs is the skid plate traps dirt/moisture between the tank and skid, causing the tank to rust. When I first did mine, I replaced the skid, which was rusty and dented, and put in a plastic tank. It worked fine. Later when I went to fuel injection, I had Trail Quest build me a 22 gallon replacement, with a welded on .120" diamond plate skid and internal GM style fuel pump. They built it so it centers in the frame, and it's lifted 1" since I have a body lift, it doesn't hang much lower than stock. It weighs about 80 lbs empty, but so far, I haven't been able to dent it. It does have some good scrapes though. I don't see that they still make tanks on their web site, but you may give them a call.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

Bulltear forum member New to the forum

honda civic gas cap..

my honda civic gas cap loose.. I took my car to auto zone to get my CEL checked. they told me it was P1456 code. now i understand it could be a loose gas cap so i tightened it to 3 clicks and i reset the check engine light. i drove for about 3 days and then all of a sudden it came back on again. i took it back to auto zone and it was the same code so i bought a new cap from auto zone reset the light AGAIN!! but then again 2 days later the light came back on. can u guys help me out and tell me what i should do??
    many thanks.
    Last edited by jansengeorge; 01-22-2011 at 04:28 AM.

Thank you from BT Senior Wrench of the forum
    I had my tank made for my 79CJ at Areo tank in San Bernardino, CA www.aerotanks.com

Replaced my 15 gal with a 26 steel tank with the skidplate welded to the bottom of the tank. Fits great, doesn't hang down too bad and now I have 26 gallons of fuel.