Thread: Need a good Jeep T-150 or T-176 bellhousing

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)

Need a good Jeep T-150 or T-176 bellhousing

Like the title states I am looking for a good T-150 or T-176 bellhousing. Let me know what you have.

Rich

Thank you from BT Senior Wrench of the forum Old Rugged Crosser's Avatar
    Not sure what a T-150 or T-176 is but I have a bellhousing that was behind a 360 and held a 3 speed trans.
    Larry The Old Rugged Crosser
    in a Old Rugged Cross'en 72 CJ-5
    ------------------------------------------
    You are invited to view my rebuild of The Old Rugged Crosser --CJ-5 at:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/rebuilding-old-rugged-crosser-cj5-1180801/

------------------------------------------
    "He that is kind is free, though he is a slave; he that is evil is a slave, though he be a king." - St. Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by Old Rugged Crosser View Post
    Not sure what a T-150 or T-176 is but I have a bellhousing that was behind a 360 and held a 3 speed trans.
    Here is are the links to the T-150 & T-176... Sounds like you might have a T-150 Bellhousing...

http://www.novak-adapt.com/knowledge/t150.htm
    http://www.novak-adapt.com/knowledge/t176.htm

If the bellhousing that you have is roughly 6" deep with a 4 hole bolt pattern (tranny side) that measures 8 1/2" wide by 6 5/16" Tall (Ford "Butterfly" pattern) I'd be interested if the price is right.
    Last edited by fifesjeep; 12-04-2010 at 07:41 PM.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    You'll probably want a pre-1980 bellhousing. Jeep used the T-150 until 1979. That bellhousing has a hole for the throwout arm that was about 2"x3.5", and was drilled and tapped for a multitude of trannies. The 1980-up bellhousing had a 3.5"x3.5" hole for the throwout. They didn't drill those for as many tranny patterns, although they had most of the bosses still cast in, so you can drill/tap them yourself. Both styles are the same depth.

I just picked up a later one to use to put a TKO500 5 speed into my AMX this winter (hopefully) for $75 shipped. The one I got is drilled for the T-4 or T-5 pattern (nothing else), which is the same as the TKO.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

Either T-150 or T-176 will work... Providing they have the butterfly pattern and the bellhousing depth isn't too deep. I'm not worried about the clutch fork, I have a couple as well as a few throw-out bearings.
    The T-4 and T-5 Bellhousings are too narrow for the 8 1/2" wide Ford bolt pattern (Butter-Fly). I measured a T-4 Bellhousing yesterday and it looks like it'll work with a few Chevy trannies.

Helpfull BT forum member Admiral of the Forum
    I have several T-150 bellhousings. I would do $75 each shipped. How many do you want. They are in good condition just dirty/greasy. For best results e-mail me at dennyspolebarn@yahoo.com

Thanks for the offer... I just picked one up for $40 and bolted it to the Ford 435. I appreciate it man.