Thread: Stock spring height

Thank you from BT Senior Wrench of the forum

Stock spring height

Looking to change the springs on my '78 cj7. I believe I have about 2.5" of extra spring arch. I would like to know what/how to measure my springs in order to figure out what I need to replace them with new springs to get the same amount of lift. I have 2.5' wide springs front and rear, with 5 leafs each. Lookig for some springs thhat are a little softer/flexable.
    1978 cj7 amc360 t18a/d20/teralow, f30posi/r44locked, T/A670, never quite finished but running to beat all hell.....

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    No reliable way to measure with them in the Jeep. If you have $$$ to spend, I recommend Alcan Spring. They will build you a set in whatever lift and spring rate you desire. You just need to let them know what your Jeep weighs. They will run about $600-700 for just 4 springs though. I've had a set on my CJ for nearly 10 years now. I've run the Rubicon twice, plus all the trails Colorado can dish out. The fronts are like new, the rears have sagged about 1", mostly because I added about 250 LBS of tire carrier and tool box to the rear.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

Thank you from BT Senior Wrench of the forum
    l will keep looking and hope I can find some more info.
    1978 cj7 amc360 t18a/d20/teralow, f30posi/r44locked, T/A670, never quite finished but running to beat all hell.....