Quote Originally Posted by JEEPCJ360 View Post

I think the next upgrade is going to be exhaust. I know you are running stock manifolds, but what are your opinion on headers? Also, what are your thoughts on single versus dual exhaust? Thanks for your time.
My opinion? Headers are for race cars.

After listening to the wise sages of this board, there are only two choices for headers. Edelbrock shorties and full custom.

The Headmans are really light construction and hang too low for a Jeep. (had a set and they rotted out) The fenderwell exits may work for a pavement pounder but I would not use them if they salt your roads in winter.

Single exhaust is more suited for low end torque, where duals are more for high rpm. Some of the low torque can can be gained back by putting a balance pipe between the banks behind the engine. This can introduce ground clearence issues if you go off road.

The only reason I'd go duals is racing or if you just have to have the tone (which I did) they are a PITA to route in a CJ frame. My exhaust guy almost fired me! (figure that one out)

On exhaust I'd wait for some of the more knowledgeable ones to comment.

If I were to do it again, I'd go single exhaust and try to find a home for a late GM pickup muffler under my Jeep. I'm just sick of listening to it and I'm running 2 chambered mufflers.

Oh, and stay away from glasspacks, they are proven to reduce power.