Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Vapor Canister (Charcoal) Hook Up

Thread: Vapor Canister (Charcoal) Hook Up

Threaded View

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum

Vapor Canister (Charcoal) Hook Up

I have this GM canister a (new, someone gave it to me) friend gave me.

GM Charcole canister
    Orange dot = Vacuum
    Green/purple dot = PCV
    Purple swirl = Tank
    Green lines = Carb bowl
    Fire flame = main Vacuum

Part number-17060868 BC

I was going to hook it up but w/the Carb I'm running (Holly 600cfm) I can't use the carb port on the canister and it has a regular vacuum hook up (don't have a spot to hook it up either) and a main vacuum I am assuming it is manifold vacuum of which I do in the pic below.

Above is the manifold vacuum port (I assume) where I have the bigger 3/8 hold going to the PCV and the other I was going to run to the canisters main vacuum port. The hose on the horn was put on there while it was being stored during build.

I do have the tank hooked up to it and the PCV run over to it.

Since it was free I was going to use it but being a GM and not being able to hook everything up I was thinking of just plugging the other ports and running just the tank off off of it. Not sure if it would work, but.......

I also thought of just using the ports I could use, but being a GM, not sure, not sue if the vacuum ports open the others or lets the thing flow.

***I did go on line to see if I can order one for a Jeep from Rockauto.com and some other places but can't find one.

If I can't use the one I have, does anyone know where I can get one?

Thanks,
    Jim
    Last edited by rollbar; 01-22-2011 at 09:42 PM.
    84' CJ8-360-Project M170 Jeep
    86' CJ7-258-Mommas Jeep
    Project CJ8 to M170 Conversion<----Click