Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Performer Intake identification assistance

Thread: Performer Intake identification assistance

Bulltear forum member Cook

Performer Intake identification assistance

First of all, please excuse the ignorance...
    So I bought this engine already built and it didn't come with the Edelbrock manual for the instake but I found a manual for the 2131 which I'm assuming is what this is. Please help me to identify what's what in the picture. There are some differences in this manifold and my old stock one that are escaping me.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    #1 and #2 both go into the coolant passage. On my Jeep, the factory coolant temp sensor is in the #1 port, I have a coolant sensor for my EFI in the #2 port. Until I got the EFI, #2 was plugged.

#3 and #4 are both vacuum. #3 is usually used for power brakes, plugged if no power brakes. #4 on mine was plugged until I put the EFI on, then I used it for the MAP sensor.

You are correct on #5 (except PVC is pipe, PCV stands for positive crankcase ventilation).

#6 would actually be FROM the heater. Flow is from the water pump, thru the heater core, then into the manifold/block. This is why running the heater in the summer will help cool a hot engine, you're using it as an additional radiator.

All the fittings are pipe thread, they use standard pipe plugs if you block them off.

Bob
    tufcj
    Last edited by tufcj; 02-14-2011 at 08:12 PM.
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

Bulltear forum member Cook
    Quote Originally Posted by tufcj View Post
    #1 and #2 both go into the coolant passage. On my Jeep, the factory coolant temp sensor is in the #1 port, I have a coolant sensor for my EFI in the #2 port. Until I got the EFI, #2 was plugged.

#3 and #4 are both vacuum. #3 is usually used for power brakes, plugged if no power brakes. #4 on mine was plugged until I put the EFI on, then I used it for the MAP sensor.

You are correct on #5 (except PVC is pipe, PCV stands for positive crankcase ventilation).

#6 would actually be FROM the heater. Flow is from the water pump, thru the heater core, then into the manifold/block. This is why running the heater in the summer will help cool a hot engine, you're using it as an additional radiator.

All the fittings are pipe thread, they use standard pipe plugs if you block them off.

Bob
    tufcj
    Thanks so much, sorry for the typo, was frantic :). As far as the from/to for heater. Does the rear manifold heater port go to the BOTTOM heater passage on the firewall??? Totally forgot to mark these when removing them...

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    I don't know that it really matters, since water always flows through the core on a CJ. All you do is regulate the amount of air that reaches the cab. I looked at mine, and the water pump is attached to the top tube, return to the head is in the bottom.

Hope this helps.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford