Thread: Dual battery tray fitment around heater hoses

Bulltear forum member Cook

Dual battery tray fitment around heater hoses

Has anyone installed this in a V8 CJ? How do you fit it around the coolant passage hoses from the firewall?

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    What year CJ? The 76-77 heater is different from the 78-up. I have a 78 up heater in my 77, the hoses just below the battery box, no problems when installing my home made dual optima box.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

Bulltear forum member Cook

78 cj

Quote Originally Posted by tufcj View Post
    What year CJ? The 76-77 heater is different from the 78-up. I have a 78 up heater in my 77, the hoses just below the battery box, no problems when installing my home made dual optima box.

Bob
    tufcj

Really?? Mine's a 78 as well. CJ5. The two heater hoses (if you're looking at the firewall from the front) are basically to the right of the battery tray.. With the old one they fit just outside the right support arm, but with the new tray they are basically right in the way of where the battery goes.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    Maybe it's 79-up, and mine is a 79. Where is the blower motor? Is it in the passenger compartment (early model), or does it stick thru the firewall, into the engine bay (later model)? I updated the heater when I did the 'glass body in 1986. A buddy gave me the heater out of a CJ he totaled.

You know what? I went out in the garage and lifted the hood of my CJ. My memory must be slipping. The heater hoses are right alongside the battery box like you said. The center most Optima is almost against the hoses. Like I said, I built my battery box myself. Just a square made out of angle iron and some flat stock to mimic the factory brackets. Made it so 2 Optimas fit snugly. My dual remote oil filters hang below it, that must have been the lines I was thinking about.

They say the mind is the second thing to go.... I can't remember the first....

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford