Thread: When Jeeps were Jeeps

Hybrid View

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum

When Jeeps were Jeeps

84' CJ8-360-Project M170 Jeep
    86' CJ7-258-Mommas Jeep
    Project CJ8 to M170 Conversion<----Click

Helpfull BT forum member Swabie
    Nice find, wish my jeep could go half those places :)
    AMC 360

Bulltear forum member New to the forum
    that is what wheelin is all about.

Thank you from BT Junior wrench of the Forum
    That Naches Trail is still an open off-road trail park in central Washington. From what I hear it is a very good park! Would like to go there some day as it is only a couple hundred miles from Portland. One of these days...
    74 CJ5, 360w/T-18/D20, Scout D44's Locked front & rear w 5.38's, 36" Swampers & a ton of work...

It's a Jeep thing, Chrysler doesn't understand!

Thank you from BT Senior Wrench of the forum Old Rugged Crosser's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by northplainsdrifter View Post
    That Naches Trail is still an open off-road trail park in central Washington. From what I hear it is a very good park! Would like to go there some day as it is only a couple hundred miles from Portland. One of these days...
    Northplainsdrifter, I'll make you a deal. This summer why don't you take me to the Florance Sanddoons and I will go with you on the Naches Trail as I would be on your way there.
    Larry The Old Rugged Crosser
    in a Old Rugged Cross'en 72 CJ-5
    ------------------------------------------
    You are invited to view my rebuild of The Old Rugged Crosser --CJ-5 at:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/rebuilding-old-rugged-crosser-cj5-1180801/

"He that is kind is free, though he is a slave; he that is evil is a slave, though he be a king." - St. Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by Old Rugged Crosser View Post
    Northplainsdrifter, I'll make you a deal. This summer why don't you take me to the Florance Sanddoons and I will go with you on the Naches Trail as I would be on your way there.
    I already have it scheduled for the first week in August. You are more than welcome to join our group! We even have an extra space as of now. Just let me know. Do you have that Jeep ready yet?

What time of year is a good for Naches? It sounds like a great place.
    Last edited by northplainsdrifter; 03-23-2011 at 07:44 AM.
    74 CJ5, 360w/T-18/D20, Scout D44's Locked front & rear w 5.38's, 36" Swampers & a ton of work...

I already have it scheduled for the first week in August. You are more than welcome to join our group! We even have an extra space as of now. Just let me know. Do you have that Jeep ready yet?

What time of year is a good for Naches? It sounds like a great place.
    Late July is probably the best time for Naches. You can count me in on the Florance trip. I would love to join you guys. By the way I was born not far from there 66 years ago at Newport! My Jeep is done except for the drive lines. I am saving up my pennies for them. On the rear drive line I want it built with a double cordon joint so that I will not have any vibrations. That's going to cost me a few more denaro.

"He that is kind is free, though he is a slave; he that is evil is a slave, though he be a king." - St. Augustine

That's great news! We've had a few people cancel this year and was hoping we would get some more guests. Our campsite is called Driftwood II, just a few miles south of Florence. We reserved an extra spot or two for those just in case people. I can give you more details when you want them. It's a great time!!!!! You'll really enjoy it.

That's great news! We've had a few people cancel this year and was hoping we would get some more guests. Our campsite is called Driftwood II, just a few miles south of Florence. We reserved an extra spot or two for those just in case people. I can give you more details when you want them. It's a great time!!!!! You'll really enjoy it.
    Please pm me with the details. I'm looking forward to it for sure.