Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Which Aftermarket Heads ?
Bulltear Ad

Thread: Which Aftermarket Heads ?

Thank you from BT Jedi gear head

Which Aftermarket Heads ?

So I'm thinking about upgrading the Cast Iron heads on the 401 blower engine to Aluminum.

Which heads you guys recommend??

Indy or Edelbrock??

I'm not partial either way right now.

Good or bad I want to hear it.

Thanks.
    1979 Jeep CJ-7 401 AMC, GMC 6-71 Blower 10% overdrive, Bugcatcher with electronic fuel injection and a little N2O for fun, all self built. (this supercharger stuff is easy)

What nobody ever bought new heads??
    1979 Jeep CJ-7 401 AMC, GMC 6-71 Blower 10% overdrive, Bugcatcher with electronic fuel injection and a little N2O for fun, all self built. (this supercharger stuff is easy)

Thank you from BT Master Mechanic
    I have the Indy heads. Dogleg port style. I think they need good porting to really shine. But you are still stuck on the same dog leg headers. Indy makes a "race" head that uses the mopar 440 exhaust...alot more options and would be easier you make your own headers I would think. You need to check and change push rods with the Indy and make a small spacer for the intake ends as the heads raise the intake alittle. And you need a special head stud kit through Indy as a couple of head bolts change length also. Flow numbers are on their website. They also offer CNC porting...
    Personally I wish I would have gotten the "race" head now, maybe next year.
    If this new part can't break....what old part will??

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Save your money and take the wife out on a nice vacation. You dont need ported heads you have a hair dryer hooked up Jeff. You wont gain much with ported heads with a blower.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Quote Originally Posted by jeepsr4ever View Post
    Save your money and take the wife out on a nice vacation. You dont need ported heads you have a hair dryer hooked up Jeff. You wont gain much with ported heads with a blower.
    Alright, I was thinking I was leaving something on the table besides weight.

Speaking of that...... the CJ7 weighs in a 5080 LBS without me in it

Thank you from BT Master Mechanic
    Just run corn and turn up the boost some more...100+ octane under $3 a gallon now. Fun fun fun...
    If this new part can't break....what old part will??

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    Theres a really nice set of Brewer heads on craigslist (Brainerd Mn) right now.
    he who dies with the most toys wins!!!
    69' amx 390 4 speed best et 11.85 @ 116mph
    VOTEBUTTON