Bulltear Ad

Thread: Anyone know anything about these heads?

Helpfull BT forum member Captain

Anyone know anything about these heads?

So I found my self doing some internet AMC research and came across these guys via Indy's catalog. Aero Head Racing. They offer a heads for the budget AMC builder starting at $599 a pair. They have springs that are good for. 550 lift , 2.08x1.74 stainless valves, 3/8 rocker studs & 5/16 guide plates standard.

Just curious if any one knows any good or bad about them? It seems like a good deal!

MC what do you think? And that goes for everyone?

Cheers!

Collin
    76 CJ7
    304 soon to be 401!!
    TH400 W/D20

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)
    I've read about them a couple years ago... I don't know too much about them... or anybody who has purchased anything from them. Sounds like you could be the first and let the rest of us know lol

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    All you're getting for the $599 (plus shipping) is a set of iron AMC 344 or 502 casting heads, resurfaced, with bigger valves, guides, new springs and a valve job. If you price out the parts, a local specialty head shop could probably do the job for the same price. If you want hardened valve seats or any port work done, there's an additional charge, and that's where it gets expensive.

I'm not knocking them, they probably do good work. It's just nothing special or high performance for $599.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford