Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Gettin started - Page 3
Bulltear Ad
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gettin started

Thank you from BT Gear Head
    Got the leveling/stop legs built this morning.

Well got some more work done, levelers are on i built a shelf for the plasma cutter to sit on. I leveled the table then put the rails on and they were level as could be. I put a coat of picklex20 metal treatment on the table it turned the rust into the yellow powder. I opened up the PM45 to take a look at what wires i have to tap into. I hope to paint it this weekend.

Started working on the water tray today got it all cut and welded together in the corners gonna let it cool down and finish welding it up tomorrow.

Is there any detailed pics of how and where the cable carrier will be installed? I saw a few pics that was posted in the "nice gantry build thread" but was looking for more detail and pictures.

I got my plasma wired up today, i just have to drill a hole in the cover and mount my electronics box for the card. I made all the connection inside so the only exposed wire will be from the computer to the card. I got the water pan finished up and painted i should have the table painted this week and start putting it all together.
    Last edited by wickedinhere; 07-31-2011 at 02:21 PM.

Thank you from BT Junior wrench of the Forum
    you got your stuff already?? I havent heard anything on my package yet. as for my water table havent even started. I tacked in my 2 44" pieces that the water table sits on and added a 3rd piece in the middle for support last night. Prolly get my angle iron tomorrow for the table along the lines of what you did, I wanted to wait til I seen the slat holders. did you use 3 x 3 angle? Here they only have 3/16 thick for 3x3 or did you use 2 3/4 x 2 3/4. I wanted to make it taller to have more water and possible submerdge the steel a tad or just to help keep water for leaving the pan

Just called waited on a call back on the status.. I cant wait any longer ... its only been 3.5 weeks I think? I know the Candcnc stuff says 3-4 weeks im just excited
    Last edited by Mav68erick; 08-01-2011 at 01:41 PM.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    You should have your gantry kit by the end of the week. We havent gotten electronics but they must be close to shipping.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    BTW everyone gets extremely excited to get a CNC plasma. Its the ultimate tool right now.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thank you from BT Junior wrench of the Forum
    It was nice working with lasers, but by the time you spend all day at work you dont wanna bother cutting anything out for yourself not to mention when being busy. Before I left I cut some brackets out for my Harley for rear set pegs for a cafe style and lo and behold the cut sequence was off cut the outside and then went to cut the final hole as I wasnt paying attention crash!... I go lucky it z Over traveled between slats. The limit switch needs adjusted on them personally, 3" below the bottom of the material is a bit much.

MAv i used 3x3x3/16 angle iron on the water pan.