Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Gettin started - Page 7
Bulltear Ad
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Gettin started

Thank you from BT Gear Head
    OK i got the computer hooked up and started doing the setup but cant get the z home switch to light up in mach3. I checked to make sure the switch and wiring were right and they are right in the cnc box on z home. Then i tried to jog the table but when i hit the tab button i dont get mpg mode with the arrows i get something else.
    So i hit the load material button and the gantry moved but the x axis motors dont seem to be moving together so the gantry was a little off on the rails. The y azis motor seems to be going too fast as i can seen the gear jumping and making a grinding noise and went past the end of the gear rack. The z axis tried to go to high as i can see the torch mount flex so i had to make it come down by screwing it by hand to stop the binding. Oh the problems this is killing me but i did get the torch to fire .
    PLEASE HELP ME!

Thank you from BT Junior wrench of the Forum
    When I jog my table you just need to turn your box on, then he motors from the green button on top. Then I hit the reset button in mach 3 and jog it.

I dont click tab or anything, as long as its reset it seems to move for me Arrows for x and y page up and down for Z.

you did make sure to slave your other X motor right?

Load material button is bad.. I accidently clicked it a couple of times and things went boom.

Ive had my Z flex as well, if I dont lower my torch say .100 off the sheet and Zero Z with my x and y If my rapid height is set to high in sheetcam it will go up to far.

Double check your motor tuning, sometimes Id go back and the numbers reset you have to change the number and then click the save button ON each Axis motor, you cant change them all and save once.

X set number save
    Y set number save
    Z set number save
    A set number save

surprisingly all this went smooth for me, wait til you get to test your height control I dont think im gonna bother using it, it seems so touchy. And I spent half my day doing line tests and cut out of 16g and seems like no matter how much I changed something it looks the exact same so I had to quit for the day before I went off
    Last edited by Mav68erick; 09-04-2011 at 01:23 PM.

Yes i have the other X slaved as A and i saved all the motor tunings.

also your z light wont come on the instant it touches you prolly know this, its gonna float the torch carrier a ways before it clicks, then you gotta do a Z reference and figre out how far it moves and edit the mp-3000 post you used in sheetcam with this number so it knows what offset to program

mine was .145 double checked it today same thing maybe Ill cut something thicker this 16ga is giving me crap, Ive heard it could be a steel supplier issue as well.

I cant believe i forgot to reset it and i could have sworn that i did reset it. Thanks mav that fixed it it jogs pretty good click pic for video.
    Last edited by wickedinhere; 09-04-2011 at 02:30 PM.

sweet, looks like you set your z at 24000, when I did mine I set it to the 1200 or w/e and you couldnt see it move....

you notice the noise when you bring it back to the front? I think its the motor on the opposite side fro the spring tension holder bouncing, mine makes a weird noise coming from that side freaks me out, and I also dont like how if you grab your torch you can wiggle the entire z axis frame.

Did you get your Z home light to come on?

Still no z home light i am gonna work on it tomorrow, gonna setup the thc and see what happens.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Soldering two wires to the lower 2 connections not the upper two will do it. Click diagnostics in Mach 3 then physically push up on the Z axis to get the home to light up. If something else lights up then you wired it to the wrong 2 spade connects in the box. Z home is pretty easy to diagnose if you need to call in we will help 651-257-7917.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

I didnt even solder mine got some gold plated speaker female blade connectors in case it didnt work and never went back to add some solder on it.

I went and tried to activate the z home switch again and nothing happened so i ran the torch down till it activated the switch and bam the light lit up. Its donesnt make sense but its working. Will be cutting soon.