Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Mavs Build
Bulltear Ad
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mavs Build

Thank you from BT Junior wrench of the Forum

Mavs Build

Got my steel saturday, they sell drops and end pieces from there big warehouse so stuffs cheaper since it doesnt have papers. Didnt have any 1/8 wall longer then 3ft. So i got 3/16. I coulda got new sticks but it was still cheaper to get the 3/16 so I figured heavyier duty and less chance for warpage when welding.

I started sunday but it was so dam hot I stopped after cutting the 2 62" pieces, got bored got some 90* framing clamps and got to tacking the 2 side peices together to see physically how much space I was going to take up. I need to cut my 2 other 44" and grind or trim down my other 2 56", I hate abrasive cutoff saws I had 2 exactly 56 and the other 2 were a little over 56 1/32.

I really liked using these clamps, But I still double checked with a square before I tacked it.

In case anyone wonders, the oven is for powder coating, its my Uncles.

Thank you from BT Gear Head
    NIce, i started to go with the 2 inch tubing for my whole table but used the plans for 3x3 tubing instead. I hope to have my table done this week, are you gonna put castor wheels on yours?

casters maybe maybe not, gonna make leveling feet but its going in a corner so dont see moving it much can always add later. heres 2 more pics I tried to load this morning but the pc locked up.

The reason i am gonna do casters on mine is so i can roll it outside to paint it.LOL

Did you ever decide which plasma cutter you were gonna go with?

I got my powermax 65. Last week used it by hand looked pretty good on 1/4"

Ok heres what I was talking about in wickeds post Matt.

1. Its lever on both sides and on the same plane
    2. the water table supports measure 6" in all 4 spots, so both planes are parallel
    3. Is a drawing of what I mean, the 2x2 bars have slight twist in them. at one end they will be perpindicualr to the water table
    or be .4 - .5* off measured with my digipass digital level. This off course will make the support rail either higher or lower, Over the 2" length of the bar its only .011 difference in height So I guess if the bar is level with the other side bar it shouldnt be to bad of an issue, maybe Ill tap and bolt the support rails to the gear rack prior to welding, or grind 90% of my tack welds down to help synch it up with the hardened rail.

I was just concerned that if one was .4 off one way, the other side off the other if you drew a straight line from them to the center of the table here would be 1* total which in reality 1* off over a 31" span because thats the apex point of the 62" width shouldnt be to bad now that I think about it. Its just that Ive machined dies and stuff manually and know if things are perfect it really bites you in the ass in the end, and was just a concern. OCD for the lose = )

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    You can have one rail lower or higher but not unequal along the rail (as best you can fab it to be). We allow up to .200 max in our built tables here.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

whens our stuff getting shipped = )

Hows your table looking? Have you started on the water tray?