Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Mavs Build - Page 14
Bulltear Ad
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Mavs Build

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    The trick to cutting diamond plate is to have your cut height and pierce height above the diamonds and have your water level high. THC delay of .3-.5 second and no pierce delay. Some will even go into Sheetcam and change the post so their is no touch off after the first one its call *ref distance.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thank you from BT Junior wrench of the Forum
    well I got the diamond plate to cut ok, its cutting large areas of 16ga that was the issue, we were trying to cut windmill sides, well when we got done there wasnt much material left and my torch was dragging after about 25% of the sheet was cut, it was like a 12 x 20" area.

But the issue of no touch after first sounds awesome, especially cutting thick stuff where you dont need to touch off. Now this only works if you use the THC even on thick because depending on when making the table one side could be slightly higher then the other, I think mine is within about 1/64 so .015. But you could get unlucky and pierce the diamond at the lower level right next to the raised area and still bump it, Im not really gonna cut a bunch of it, but the refrencing Ill look into, 1 it will save a ton of time for not having to zero it self on small parts where warpage isnt an issue, and 2. if there is warpage it wont interfer with it piercing while touching the sheet.

Thx for the response.

Thank you from BT Gear Head
    Nice mav, I have been selling lsu and saints footballs like there is no tomorrow. I still hate orange,lol i will post come more pics in my thread of what i have been building.

Hey mav i am just getting around trying to figure out the THC do you have any tips? What are your setting for 1/16 and 1/8.

Thank you from BT Junior wrench of the Forum
    hey wicked havent logged in a while havent cut much either to cold = P did cut some disc brake brackets for someone and motorcylce brackets.

I dont even bother with the Thc, If you have multiple pierces at it warps up the next touch off is gonna push it down pierce on top and mess the tip up. So I dont even bother since I havent ct anything to big yet. Or your tip touches off between slates and pushed the sheet below 0 and zeros itself off below a sheet and messes up. If It was up to me I wouldnt cut anything thinner then 1/8 it cuts so much nicer to.

Iam however gonna try to work on the warping issue by getting 2 1/4 wide slat rather then 2 1/2 so I can lower my height by 1/4 so my water level is higher. May also get 2" and use 1/8 thick pieces to shim it up so so I can lower it 3/8 from normal this way I can have water touching the bottom of the thinner sheets.

Yeah i cut mostly 1/8 but i have been doing some 1/16 for some butterflies to keep the material cost down. I was just looking for some pointers, i finally got my tip volts to read right but my voltage while cutting will be 30 or so volts lower than what the book says it should be. It just raises the torch till it wont cut anymore.

This means your getting divided volts. What cutter are you using? Also there may be a recall on the units that arent giving proper volts.
    [COLOR=#000000]

I am using a hypertherm pm45, When it starts cutting its close to the target volts then drops off. I was using the divider card but then found out the pm45 has one internal. I then hook it straight from the back of the pm45 to the small box.

Definately divided volts....check your support disk
    [COLOR=#000000]

What am i looking for? Do you think its a problem with the pm45 or the little black box?