Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Mavs Build - Page 2
Bulltear Ad
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Mavs Build

Thank you from BT Junior wrench of the Forum
    Heres what is thus far, everythings still only tacked together. The feet on it are just temporary that I tacked on that had the nuts welded on to adjust it so I could level it out when I put it together, because I made the 2 main rail sides as 1 piece with my 4 90* framing clamps. I got some plates I may use to use casters but I wanna see If I can fit a leveling foot on the same plate, I see no need for me to move it but It would be nice I just dont wanna spend the money for good casters, I spent 100 bucks on 4 for my car jig because I bought some cheep HF ones before and they didnt hold up, and the ones I got at Tractor supply were steel and had grease fittings, So I knew theyd last.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Looks good! Gantry kit should be in your hand by the end of the week here.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

I hope I get a call for my stuff today or its gonna be a long weekend. :)

Thank you from BT Gear Head
    I hope we both get a call today. LOL

no call = ( I guess there's still 1 day in the week, doubt Ill get a call tomorrow. Was even asked If I wanted to work 6 hrs on saturday, but after working 8 hrs every day I didnt wanna waste my weekend especially if I was gonna get to work on my stuff, I basically declined an easy 180 bucks = /
    Last edited by Mav68erick; 08-05-2011 at 01:39 PM.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    I will check tracking for you on sunday. Nobody delivers freight on a saturday.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Poop, guess Im gonna just frame my water table in if the steel place has the right angle iron, maybe go to Harbor freight and buy one of there 20 ton presses that are on sale and get the Swag Press Brake kit, might as well get ready to bend some stuff.

But heres a question, How long does the water table need to be Obviously I can make it 56" to fit between the rails, was it 56 x 54? I was just gonna make it 56 x 56, Or make it the full length to lay bigger sheet down, except the slats wont be flush with the top of the angle iron so water levels would be lower.

I have the 20 ton press with the swag brake kit it works great, make sure to get his arbor plates the ones that come with the press are junk. I made my pan 54x54 that way with the 4x4 sheet metal and the 3 inch angle iron it came out perfect.

yeah I was thinking I messed up If I made it exactly as wide as my rails because.... I had my sheet steel cut to 4' Wide >.< 56 - 6 = 50!!!!! Doh.

I bought the 20 ton press today, then they had a 20ton air/hyrd. on sale so I got that to put in it. Good thing I did I tested it with the lever, lol maybe If I was gonna bend 1 thing it would be alright but, 5 pumps doesnt move it very far Id be wore out.

Ill prolly just get some 1" or bigger plate to lay across the whole thing when I use it for a press brake I dunno if they changed there arbor plates but the 2 I got look fairly decent I just gotta like you said in our post, let the wallet cool off = ) Figured I can make brakets now Might as well be ready to bendz them.

Oh yeah the table that sits on the pins of the press, wow, could they have welded it on anything less flat thing wobbles so bad, Im gonna cut the angle iron off they have on the C Channel and re do it, I cant complain to much 150 bucks isnt worth the time buying cutting steel and building 1. So spending some time and reinforcing and fixing something ready to go is just fun in my eyes

Yeah the arbor plates that come with the press are cast and have been known to shatter under stress and make you bleed. One inch plate will be plenty. YEah your wallet will warm up at times.LOL I have been trying to beat the heat down here in louisiana but its almost impossible to work in my shop in the afternoon.