Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Mavs Build - Page 3
Bulltear Ad
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Mavs Build

Thank you from BT Junior wrench of the Forum
    yeah its humid in my area in Michigan, I cant imagine what its like down south. Im sick of being at work and my ass feeling like a slip and slide.

Thank you from BT Gear Head
    Yeah you can cut the air with a knife.

Wish I had this before, I made a little sheet metal brake to bend a piece of 16g to fix my a pillar that I Cut out on my camaro, it worked was less then 30 bucks, didnt work as well as I wanted, it mostly needs gusseted to strengthen the angle iron. Couple crescent wrenches for handles and wammo.

the clecos were just to line it up, it bolted together and shimmed for mat. thickness

this style gusset as seen on other brakes and shears, didnt work as I thought.

Im bored its hot and raining so thought id share some stuff I did when I was laid off last year.

Heres a buildup of the jig I built to redo my basket case camaro. I dont even wanna remember how long I measured remeasured and remeasured all the pin locations for the factory locations and then re checked before I started to weld panels together. I was going crazy worrying how stuff was gonna line up in the end.

http://s145.photobucket.com/albums/r...ick/BodyJigV2/

some build up photos after the jig was complete

http://s145.photobucket.com/albums/r...ck/Build%20Up/

Im pretty much stuck on the build, the 1/4 panels fit like ass around the tail panel, I fudged my way this far, but its out of my comfort zone to cut tweak body panels on the outside, I may have someone do the 1/4s and roof so far most every thing has been plug welding and thats ez. Im no body guy and I dont wanna spend a lot of time screwing up this taiwanese panels. I may look into buying a better set they just get expensive between the panels and the shipping = /. Either way Ive saved my self alot of money taking it this far myself. Not bad for a 26yr old know it all = )
    Last edited by Mav68erick; 08-06-2011 at 05:30 PM.

Man you got some work in that car, nice jig. I have a 68 ford f-100 i am working on and everytime i touch it i find more rust.

I made my leveling legs / Feet. And drilled mounted my casters and welding them to the 4 legs original to the table. You can really tell how uneven the floor is with casters on, it was real noticeable with my car since the casters were 4ft and 7 ft apart. Now I gotta get a dam 3/4 tap to run through the 3/4 nuts I welded on the inside of a plate that got welded to some 2x2 that comes off the bottom of the 44" long bars. when I welded them I left the bolt in them cooled em off and threaded them in and out, I think I cross threaded the first thread because now 2 of them dont go in smoothly, or its just because the hole before the nut doesnt have alot of clearance. it was the last one I went to put in that was bad, so I checked it in another one and think I messes that one up with the bolt I screwed up in the last nut. Dee da dee.

well tractor supply had 3/4 taps but closed at 6... and no one opened had anything bigger then 1/2. Oh well Ill get one tomorrow and go to the machining store and get a couple good 1/4 20 machine taps, gotta go to that end of town to get some o rings for my filters one of them is leaking air after I checked it a few weeks ago and the rings bad.

I may cut out the 2 44" rails that support the water table and move them farther out, so I can add 2 more back vertical supports under them like the middle. then mirror that to the front minus the middle. then you could add angel and make shelving to lay 4' wide sheets. atm its exactly 48" think I need to move them 1/2 farther out just for wiggle room.

Already had these round cutouts, laser slugs from old job, didnt wanna bother cutting any 2" wide stock. Even drilled a hole in one and plug welded the head of a 3/4 bolt to it, but didnt bother doing the other 3 it was getting hot.

Looks good the only thing i would do is add some rubber or non skid material to the bottom of your leveling legs. I did that to mine because when level one of my castors are off the concrete and i was scared that when the gantry moves the table would move around.

Got my call today how about you?

Not unless they called at home cant remember if I left home number when I ordered. Bummed. People get my angle for the water tray to start on

deleted deleted deleted
    Last edited by Mav68erick; 08-11-2011 at 07:10 PM.