Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Mavs Build - Page 5
Bulltear Ad
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mavs Build

Thank you from BT Junior wrench of the Forum
    got it painted, took alot longer then I expected shoulda painted it black so I didnt have to keep going over it but it looks good. You went with a tractor color so I decided to as well. But I went Kabota Orange. looks like chevy red to but never seen an orange plasma table yet so I said wth. Problem was the closest TSC to me had 3 cans figured it was enough nope... Had to drive to the out skirts of the other side of town and got 4 more cans. no pics phone died, youd think with todays tech and these new phones it would last more then oh say 10 hrs on a full charge and I dont even really use it.

So the hardware thats on its way ups, does it have all the bolts for the gantry to bolt it to the rails? The box with my plasma contorller had some extra bolts with the springs on them and I assume those are extra rollers that were in the boxes.

Thank you from BT Gear Head
    Kubota orange? say it aint so! LOL The small boxes are the pinion gears for the motors. What bolts are you talking about?

Its just orange looked like kabota. The 40 so bolts that bolt the 2 v rails to your table.

Nevermind they came with my cable carrier today, now just the electronics and Im assuming the softwares with that box. Off to buy some drill bits and a drill bushing

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Stainless steel drill bushing is in the box in the white envelope
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

hmm didnt see a white envelope will double check. are the slat holders in a different box coming ups?

edit: knew I thought something was in that foam. Bushing and CD
    Last edited by Mav68erick; 08-11-2011 at 01:54 PM.

oh all the softwares on the cd to aswell cool

Drilled tapped all my holes, and guess what broke the dam tap coming out of the last hole when I started to use the drill lol... sigh It came out pretty easy though.

my X glides smooth enough when I glide it from pushing in the middle, Its prolly why its set up with 2 motors, you push it from either of the ends that the motors mount to you can cock it and even pull it off the v rail. the pinions will prolly keep that from happening as well.

Questions: Slats holders shipped seperate from the gantry? there wasnt any in that, and my cabble carrier box was obviously to small, and any insight on when Ill be seeing the electronics?

I also left the end holes and 1 in the middle on each side un drilled. after its up and running and 100% positive its set in the right spot, Ill prolly dowel them, cant think of any reason why Id ever need to take them off but ya never know, prolly since my paint was slightly still tacky It will leave a nice witness mark of where she sat anyways.

oh yea one more thing, those limit stop bolts are dangerous, I about ripped my you know whats on them about 4 times walking around it = ) If my electronics arent here for the weekend im gonna be doing some hefty garage cleaning and moving stuff around to finalize the tables placement, work my bench in the back into the mix and the shop press close by need to figure out where im gonna put the pc, want it somewheres I can sit down on a stool and mess around. got to much crap, and cant really get rid of it, its all big and I need pretty much all of it.

well time for bed, so hard to sleep when your this excited

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    I really like that color!
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689