Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Lost oil pressure in a fresh build

Bulltear forum member Cook
    Its all back together and I have oil pressure!!!! However, now I have a weird ticking sound, it sounds like its coming from the front of the engine, not from under a valve cover, but I could be wrong. I'm going to remove the belts and turn everything by hand to see what happens. I'm betting its the pulleys hitting in one spot, we'll see. Thanks again guys for your help finding and fixing the problem.

Took the power steering belt off, noise went away, put it back on, kinda loose, noise was not as loud, looks like I may be in for a new power steering pump before long. I also found that the water temp gauge is reading 250 degrees+ all the time, the engine is obviously not that hot, so I need to look into that too.

I got the timing to 8 DBTDC and idle at 800 rpm and went for a drive, felt good. Filled it up with gas, after the drive it had 28 PSI oil pressure at idle. Around 50 PSI cruising. Looking forward to taking it to work tomorrow, thanks guys.

Helpfull BT forum member Captain
    thats awsome, enjoy it!

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    Glad you found it and it was nothing major.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

Thanks again guys, a broken push rod seems major to me, but I guess it could have been worse. I still have to try and dial in the tuning, I'll probably be back with another thread for that before long.