Thread: AMC-360 Power Steering Hose Length?

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum

AMC-360 Power Steering Hose Length?

I have a 360 in a CJ8 and the hose is about 2" to short (a friend during the build), bent it to fit and now fluid is added it leaks from the back of the pump where it screws in. I need a longer one.

Does anyone have a correct part number, OR, do I need a specific year to gain the correct length.

Thanks,
    Jim
    84' CJ8-360-Project M170 Jeep
    86' CJ7-258-Mommas Jeep
    Project CJ8 to M170 Conversion<----Click

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    Pressure or return side? The high pressure side is usually a pre-made hose. The rubber part is swedged to the tube. I would think any V-8 CJ application would fit. The return side is low pressure. If it's the low pressure side, get some pressure rated hose and hose clamps. The low pressure side is clamped at the back of the pump, it may have a swedged fittin at the pump, but you can cut that off. The high pressure side has flare fittings on both ends, you don't want to mess with the high pressure side. It produces about 1500 PSI when you turn the wheel.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    Pressure side. I was told the FSj had a shorted hose and the Cj a longer one on the V8's. I guess I need to contact NAPA etc and see. I did not know they had different lengths. I was just wondering if I could get the right one or if they made longer ones. I'll measure tomorrow to see the length I have.
    84' CJ8-360-Project M170 Jeep
    86' CJ7-258-Mommas Jeep
    Project CJ8 to M170 Conversion<----Click