Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Tufcj's 66 Rogue Project

Thread: Tufcj's 66 Rogue Project

Hybrid View

Thank you from BT Jedi gear head
    What a neat project ..Thanks for sharing.
    1979 Jeep CJ-7 401 AMC, GMC 6-71 Blower 10% overdrive, Bugcatcher with electronic fuel injection and a little N2O for fun, all self built. (this supercharger stuff is easy)

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    Brought her home a couple of weeks ago, but haven't had time to work on her till this weekend. Test fit the front clip. Got the 67-69 tail panel in, the back glass and the rest of the interior and carpet out. pretty clean floorboards for a 46 year old car.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    4-29-12. After a couple of months of sitting due to work and some health issues, I got back at it. The glass is all out, all fuel and brake lines out. Just a little touch up on the welds, and it's off to media blast.

I am going to have to replace the passenger side floorboard, and do some work to the trans tunnel. The tunnel was cut to install a T-5. Someone had filled the rusty areas of the passenger floor with what looked like an epoxy filler, which peeled back while I was removing the old sound deadener.

The factory undercoat was falling off the inside of the passenger door, must have been 1/2" thick on the door, probably 2" thick in a pile on the bottom. Must have rattled terribly going down the road.

I am surprised that I found 4 compression fittings used in the brake lines. I was taught this was a no-no early on, living in the rust belt.

I also found someone had used a shop rag as a wind block around the brake rod. We must have burned it during the cowl install.

Hopefully have it in media blast in the next couple of weeks. Lots of pics during the body work.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford