Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Our build - Page 13
Bulltear Ad
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Our build

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    You need to lacate the file Mach1lic.dat and drag and drop it into C:mach3 directory then restart Mach 3.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thank you from BT Junior wrench of the Forum
    I just did that and it still says Demo Version in the About Mach3 page...

Thank you from BT Gear Head
    If i remember correctly I had to rename my mach 3 license to leave off the .dat for it to work.

Yes another customer said he had to rename the liscesne file to get rid of everything after .dat then it somehow did an auto change. We have been sending a few liscenses already changed. I think its a quirk with Mach 3 right now.
    [COLOR=#000000]

Alright! That seemed to do the trick. Now, I had a couple issues during the cut. Now Matt, I will say it before you do, "I should learn to walk before I run!" But, I wanted my first cut to be something I would want... Okay, the couple problems I had probably stemmed from the same thing. I think that the water caused the the arc to go out, which stopped the program where it was. There didn't seem to be any errors in Mach and everything was still showing as being on. So, I clicked Torch Off then Torch On and it started running again. Now I think that that caused my second problem, which is that it missed part of the cut, so things didn't fall out that should have. I think when I hit the Torch On/Off button it probably missed the lines of code... Also, at the biginning of some of the internal cuts, there are round pierce points. Does this mean that the pierce delay is set too long? *And I sit here typing this, the torch periodically blasts air... Why??

Matt, I am going to send you a couple videos because I can't seem to manage the youtube stuff right now. Sorry they are so long! Feel free to fast forward! Let me know what you think.

But I will attach a pic of the cut. It is a little hard to hold up and take the pic but I think that you will get the idea!

Name:  IMAG0144.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  93.2 KB

Thank you from BT Gear Head
    THe best thing to do now is cut small stuff till you get the hang of it or your gonna waste alot of metal. I see your cuts are starting on the wrong side of the metal you need to look at the starting points in sheetcam. In sheetcam you can start the cut on the inside or outside of the part depends on the file. Look at the top square of the windmill it did an outside offset and should have been an inside offset.

Yeah, it's weird. Some of the cuts look right and others don't. And then it seems to have cut when it was supposed to be travelling. That was probably from me turning the torch on & off. Maybe I messed it up. I also figured out how to go to a certain line of code & start it from there. That worked pretty good so that I could finish the center. When I go back out to the shop I will check everything in Sheetcam just so I will know for sure. But, I will choose a bunch of smaller files to bring over to try to cut tonight.

However, I am very happy with the first cut and excited to keep to trying!

If you misfiring you may be loosing you + from the ground clamp. Misfiring can be from noise as well...doubtfull in your case.
    [COLOR=#000000]

It almost seems like the water from the water table is splashing up and snuffing the arc. Is this possible?

No
    [COLOR=#000000]