Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Our build - Page 15
Bulltear Ad
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Our build

Thank you from BT Junior wrench of the Forum
    Okay I have 2 questions:

1. Where is a good place to go to learn more than just the basics for Sheetcam? Is the Sheetcam manual fairly in depth? Would it confuse even a longterm user?
    2. How do I speed up the z axis during a cut? It currently moves at a very slow rate before & after a cut.

Thanks guys!

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    1. Sheetcam.com/youtube.com ect
    2. You can increase your plunge rate in sheetcam tools and go to config/home,limits and increase Z home rate from 20% to 40%

http://www.sheetcam.com/Download/She...0Manual_A4.pdf
    Last edited by jeepsr4ever; 04-22-2012 at 10:50 PM.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thanks Matt, that really helped speed it up. Now, my question for today: Why might certain sections in a file not cut? I cut out a couple Signtorch files (very simple deer circles) and I had to go back to three sections of the design and re-run the program in the spot to cut the small sections that it skipped. The uncut sections can be 1/4 of an inch up to an inch. There didn't seem to be any problem like the torch going out. The program ran from start to finish with out stopping. Any ideas?

It didnt go into that area because of your kerf width or the thickness of the beam you setup in your tools. Sometimes you have to lie to sheetcam or change your start and stop. Often cut with no lead in on the very tight designs. This is the absolute toughest part of cutting
    [COLOR=#000000]

Well, that might be true in some situations but one of the skips was on the outside border and several others were in fairly large inside cuts. Also, I have decreased the pierce time to .2 and it still seems to pause for almost 2 seconds... Is there someplace else where I need to make a change?

Now, we talked about an xbox controller. Where should I get one and what one should I get?

Settings page in mach 3 may have a delay set.
    [COLOR=#000000]

Missing pierces or piercing then loosing arc? If your loosing arc its because your pause is too long and the plasma thinks you ran through your steel...no more to cut.
    [COLOR=#000000]

Oh yeah, one more thing... When I do "run from here" and the gantry travels to that spot, the z axis cycles all the way to the top of the screw and keeps trying to go farther for several more seconds. Shouldn't the z-home switch stop it from doing this? And, why does it travel to the top in the first place? I have it zeroed out at 1.5-2 inches off the table...

Thanks!

When misses sections, it is on wide open cut paths. It is loosing the arc for a split second or longer but not at the beginning of the cut.

1. You need to re-zero in Mach 3 after using "run from here". For some reason MAch 3 has classically added up all the Z axis moves in the previous lines with the post processor when using "run from here" so it thinks it is either 20 some inches above or 20 some inches below. If you look at the DRO in mach for Z axis after it is ready to "run from here" there is your answer it may be 10 or so inches + in the negative direction.

2. If you are loosing arc it has nothing to do with the electronics and everything to do with your plasma cutter itself. It could be a worn consumable, air issue or electrical issue with a board inside. It may even be a loose wire from your work clamp or your torch lead.
    [COLOR=#000000]