Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
5x10 Gantry Build - Page 8
Bulltear Ad
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: 5x10 Gantry Build

Helpfull BT forum member Captain
    Matt... I am curious as to how the Sheetcam license was affecting the Gcode and Mach?

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Not sure it may have not let the post process right. You also had some funky pierce and cut heights in your tools as well as a pause at the end of cut and a very slow Z. Should be good to go now.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Any adjustments to the pierce heights, cut heights, and Z were funky due to the issue we were having. We ended the day with very different values than we started with due to the troubleshooting process. I am going to start over with my tools now.

Our stuff is not working again. Same problems. Same issues. Licesnse installed. Pretty sure its still a SheetCam thing.

I load in Gcode, reference to tell X0 Y0 and Z0. Hit run. System finds its own Z0 where ever it feels like, and trys to pierce double desired height.

We need to lay this to rest ASAP!
    Last edited by tlspeed1; 05-13-2012 at 09:28 AM.

Why are you ref'n the Z axis? Your doing something wrong when your trying to cut a part. My advice is to bring z down to maybe 1" above the part, zero Z, find where you want your X zero and Y zero then run your part. It is quite possible your throwing an extra code in when you hit REF Z before running.
    [COLOR=#000000]

I also cant remember what me and Chris talked about but we got it straitened out. I think it was a tool setting in sheetcam. I cant remember it is a strange issue but we did figure it out and it cut like it was supposed to do.
    [COLOR=#000000]

Its very possible I am. I went over the sequence over the phone with Chris an he said it sounded correct. I cut some parts fine others failed to. I meant zero not REF. If I hold the torch about 1.0 over the material and zero Z, hit run, the torch will travel down and zero itself but will not be actually close enough to the material to pierce it.

Chris told me it was resolved but we never had a sit-down to talk about it. He is going to test it tomorrow an see if it works the way he remembers.

So, just an update for anyone in the future.

Our machine wasn't performing the G28.1 (auto-touch off feature) portion of the code correctly. It would randomly zero through when at any location through out the travel of the Z to the material.

The floating Z and switch appeared to be in proper working order and everything was set up correctly.

We were advised by Matt and Tom to replace the normally closed switch (stock configuration) with a normally open switch and changed the Z home settings to active high. Once we did this, the problem went away and the G28.1 function is operating properly.

Bad switch is the only real thing that would cuase this. Vibration from the Z causing very fine circuit changes.
    [COLOR=#000000]

Agreed, I should of mentioned that the problem pointed to a bad switch and not the Active Low/High settings. Chris just changed both, because that is the kind of guy he is.....no patience to try one thing at a time. If I would of made the changes, I would of just changed the switch first, and tried it. Hell, I might even go back to the normally closed switch, just so its in factory form.