Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Yep I Know Its Been Beat to Death - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yep I Know Its Been Beat to Death

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Watch it on that bolt. We got a call from a customer not that long ago furious because it was an ARP bolt that put a hole in his timing cover.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thank you from BT Junior wrench of the Forum
    Yeah Randy told me about some people and how they Neglect mock up assembly for clearance check I.E. Lack of clearance ! It supposedly has a Smaller head I Think 3/8 ! A Light bulb lit up above my Noggin Looking at a nylon oil pump collar for a smallblock chevy that could be sanded done to size and fit over the bolt bead eliminating more endplay and also eliminating metal to aluminum contact ! What do ya think ???? Yeah I know overkill but I cant help but think of that cam walking at least once in a while ! severing the oil circuit to the gears momentarily at the very least !!
    an amc was my first car and so will also be my last car/jeep

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    No, the back of the t-cover is not a good place to take up a thousand + pounds of rotating thrust force. What Randy is selling is an empty promise and what he is telling you is that the measurement from the flat pad to the motor is sometimes different. I can tell you it is not and that thickness even with a gasket is withing a couple thou when a gasket compresses even with a few different gasket types out there. I remember in 2004 when I spoke with Randy and we were working on a solution to any cam walk. The only time you need to mess with possible cam walk is when you have a roller cam. Only with a roller camshaft do you need a thrust plate and bearing. If that ARP bolt works through the timing cover see if Randy will put his money where his tech is and give you a new cover. Geez I hope I didnt sound too grumpy..ha!
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thank you from BT Junior wrench of the Forum
    I Appreciate your input and Ya Dont Appear Grumpy
    an amc was my first car and so will also be my last car/jeep