Thread: Bulltear oil filter relocation install

Bulltear forum member New to the forum

Bulltear oil filter relocation install

Please help a brother out... I'm doing a 258 to 360 conversion on my CJ and I recently ordered an oil filter reloaction kit with the 626 end plate. I didn't notice any instructions with the kit. Being only familiar with the AMC 6 cyl, I have some questions on the installation:

1) I assume the sping and plunger are installed in the port labeled "SPRING" with plunger tapered end going in the port first...?

2) The #626 plate did not have plugs for either the port labeled "PLUG" or the or the port labeled "SPRING". Are these standard plumbing peices, flare plugs, allen head pipe plugs...?
    82 CJ5, 258 w/ Weber & DUI, Borla Headers, T177, D300, D30(f) AMC(r), 3" lift w/ SRS, HD tie rod/drag link & shackles and on and on... Semper Fi

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    The port marked spring uses the same cap that came from the stock oil filter adapter. The plunger goes in pointed end first, the cupped end holds the spring. The plug port is a standard pipe plug.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

Bulltear forum member New to the forum
    Thanks tufcj! Now I just need to locate a cap from the stock oil filter adaptor. Do you hapen to have a picture of one? I purchased the longblock minus the timing chain cover/oil filter adaptor...
    82 CJ5, 258 w/ Weber & DUI, Borla Headers, T177, D300, D30(f) AMC(r), 3" lift w/ SRS, HD tie rod/drag link & shackles and on and on... Semper Fi