Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Serrated Edge? - Page 2
Bulltear Ad
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Serrated Edge?

Thank you from BT Junior wrench of the Forum
    Alright, I changed all of the consumables except the ohmic cap (don't have another one right now). By the way, what would I look for as indication that I need to change the cap? My computer is the same as wickedinhere's computer so it shouldn't be the problem. I don't have another port plug cable so I will go get one. I ran the file again with the new consumables and the lines are pretty much unchanged. One thing I noticed during the cut was the sound of the torch air flow. When it was cutting the sections where it leaves the jagged edges, it makes a sound similar to what it would sound like if I were cutting expanded metal really fast. I videoed the cut and will email it to you. Please ignore the sparks, I forgot to turn the speed back down. (It makes the same sound when I had it set at 120ipm too).

Thanks!

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Please update Charlene :)
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Helpfull BT forum member Captain
    Any more info on this Charlene? I recently cut some 12 guage and noticed the same problem. I have yet to look in to and test all the variables, but would like to know if you found anything.

here is a pic of what I was cutting....though it doesnt show the serration problem.

Name:  2012-10-029520-08-1195826.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  89.2 KB

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    If you go to settings and if your THC rate is at 30 you will have serrations from the Z axis oscillation. Change the value to 18 and try the cut again. THC rate the the frequency in time the Z axis will make adjustments.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689