Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
4x8 Gantry Build... - Page 11
Bulltear Ad
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 4x8 Gantry Build...

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    You adjusted the pot? uh oh.. That may be a direct call to CandCNC on wednesday now. They set that up specifically per card and calibrated per card. You may need to send it in now if you want it calibrated. User adjustment is on the jumper side only. Stop and get on CandCNC's support site (email list)
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Helpfull BT forum member Junior wrench of the Forum
    Im already on the email list, hence the posted message I made above to the CandCNC group, and Tom instructed me via that email above to adjust the pot.

I dont understand what you mean by "jumper side only" can you clarify that? Is there another way to adjust the voltage to 126?

I dont understand why he would want you to adjust the pot unless they *just changed their circuit boards in the PWM boxes. Or are you saying in the control box? In almost 4 years we have never seen them tell a customer that.

Also how are you trying to adjust the voltage and why? Are you trying to do this on the fly with the machine cutting? Are you using shielded tips? What consumables are you using? That can explain dive when THC kicks on. This may mean your shield cover is too long and your distance from tip to material is too far giving you higher than normal voltage and when it comes down it drags the shield.
    [COLOR=#000000]

An update for everyone...

Matt arent you a member of the CandCNC yahoo group? I could have sworn I saw you post there, if so, you should be able to see the communications that Tom and I have had on there.

The problem, we deduced with Tom's help, is that we have stray voltage being pumped into the PWM module or THC card. We found that to be true because we disconnected the power and CPC connector to the plasma cutter and the cat 5e cable going to the PWM from the THC card in the ESP2 power supply. This condition resulted in 0 volts being displayed on the Mach3 GUI. BUT... as soon as we connected the Cat 5E cable back to the PWM... we had 48 volts showing on the Mach3 voltage DRO. This number should be 0 when sitting idle.

He is going to issue an RMA for us and we are going to send the card and PWM module in for service. Hopefully, that fix will get us up and running.

Hmm Sorry for your trouble but I can tell you once things are up and running youre good to go. Definately a subscriber and it goes to the company vault email like the ones from the sheetcam group and others. I am glad you were able to figure it out. Stray voltage most likely means a break in a pcb card or a short.
    [COLOR=#000000]

Matt:

Sorry, Ive been slammed with work, but Katie said that we received the limit switches. Thank you

Jason

Well... last night we finally got the DTHC working correctly and the cut quality was very nice. Tonight we are going to try some larger parts and thinner stock.

The machine is cutting really well. Thom from CandCNC has been a big help.

Can we input a g-code in Mach3 to be able to just do a straight line cut? (like when I want to cut a sheet off?)

Sure it would read like G1 Y48. F30.

G1 is feed mode
    Y48. is the length you want to cut (in Y axis from where you are..make sure you zero Y where you start)
    F30. is feedrate 30 inches per minute (remember the period after 30 or it may default to .03 ipm) and also remember to fire your torch before pressing your enter key

These are entered at the MDI input line and are executed immediately after pressing enter.
    [COLOR=#000000]

Thanks Matt