Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
4x8 Gantry Build... - Page 10
Bulltear Ad
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 4x8 Gantry Build...

Helpfull BT forum member Junior wrench of the Forum
    Here is the message we posted to the CandCNC yahoo group:
    First:
    We are running a Bulltear 4x8 gantry kit with a Hypertherm 65 w/ a mechanized
    torch and CPC port connection. The CandCNC system is a ESPII BladeRunner with
    the DTHCII UBOB 3. We bought this system from Bulltear October 2012. The
    computer running the system is a Windows XP Home Edition, P4 2.26 ghz 1 gb ram
    with mobo mounted cpc and parallel ports. No other programs are running while
    we try to cut, only Mach3 version R3.042.029 under the BladeRunnerAIO-DTHC-UBOB3
    profile.

We're having some communication issues with our dthc module. We put it in test
    mode via the power supply unit however the voltage dro is not changing. The up
    light flashes, then the arc ok, then the up, in a series of five then the same
    with the down, with no change to the voltage dro itself. We tried to recalibrate
    the card but the voltage dro isn't responding (it reads 0 volts, all the time,
    even while cutting).

I've activated all of the plugins and installed all of the additional files.

In the candcnc comm plugin the settings are to what the instructions say. The
    second tab in the config box, however, isn't reading that we have a power
    supply. "No power supply detected" The last error description reads "current
    over limit".

We're able to cut, so Mach is communicating with the motors, but the THC isn't
    functioning. When we cut with the THC ON (blinking), we measured the cut height
    at .430" when the gcode is stopped mid cut. When we cut without the THC on, we
    measured the cut height at .065", when stopped mid cut.

These issues have been observed when using the MP1000-THC post processor in
    Sheetcam. We are receiving a fault error of "Bad character usedLine 38" when
    using the MP3000-DTHC-SmlArcFix#2 post processor. Line38 of our gcode is:
    M05*ONPENUP()*

We are working on this on a sunday, but we would appreciate any help as soon as
    possible, since we dont get to work on the table during normal business hours.

Jason and Katie Lister

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    You may need to re-install Mach 3 because in test mode it should be showing tip volts. It sounds like a ccc plugin is not enabled or you have a conflicting plugin enabled.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Are you sure you have a card in your plasma cutter giving you tip volts.
    [COLOR=#000000]

I worked on this late last night... We have two db9 ports on the mobo. I switched the cable into the other port and now the volts dro is reading correctly and the power supply info is coming up correctly on the lower right of the mach gui. Also. The test button on the espii box is going thru the right test when pushed.

However. The thc is still not reacting correctly. It was at 24 volts running when the preset was asking for137 volts. The actual cut height looked like it was at. 430 again... way high. Ideas?

I do have a fault error listed when I load the gcode "plasma 1/4" mild steel".... which references this line: N0080 M06 T2 F48 (plasma 1/4" mild steel)

Your division is incorrect between your PWM box and your divider board in the plasma.
    [COLOR=#000000]

Ok.. I will do that when get back home.

Could you please adress my other questions I've asked in the last few posts?

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse Fabrication View Post
    Well, we got some vacation at the end of the year, so I wanted to work on getting the cnc table cutting. Good news, we got it cutting. Bad news, there are a few issues... as always.

1. The THC Light is blinking green when activated from the Mach3 screen (does this mean it is working or should it be solid green?)
    Blinking means on

2. Our "stored settings" button on the Mach3 screen does not bring any menu up for saved settings or even the current thc settings.

Post up a pic of your screen
    3. We changed our preset voltage from 140 to 137, as per the hypertherm manual, on the second cut. However, as soon as it started cutting it reverted right back to 140 volts, ignoring our change.

Your cut profile selected may default your tip voltage. Did you press "send"?

4. A general question... what amperage should I set the hypertherm unit to when cutting? I was using 45 amps, since I was using 45 amp consumables, but I have no idea if that was right.

25-45amps...no higher

5. When will we receive those limit swiches?

Not sure I couldnt find a shipping tag. When we reopen on wednesay I will look again if not send you some more..third set it would be according to the paperwork. Might be the first in your hands though and I am not sure how that happened but we will get you those.

6. We are getting about 1/16" of taper on the edges of the cuts on .25 mild steel. That seems excessive to me...

Reverse your direction in sheetcam....best cut is on the right side of the toolpath because of the way the air swirls. Height also has alot to do with it.

These pics are of the cuts... all cut to hypertherm's book specs for 45 amp shielded consumables on a hypertherm 65 with machine torch:

more pictures at the links...

Does that answer everything?
    [COLOR=#000000]

Yes... thank you very much.

Any ideas on the fault error?

I will send you a pm.with a different shipping address for the switches.

Technically it is not a fault
    [COLOR=#000000]

Ok, I wont worry about that fault thing then. Thanks

Next set of problems...

Yes, the voltage divider was set incorrectly. I have both the pwm module and the hypertherm set to 20:1 now.

However, when I run the voltage test calibration by pushing the button in the pwm module... I am not getting it to read 126 volts. It reads 171-2 instead on the dro. I tried to adjust the white pot in the esp2 box, but it maxed out with only giving me 166 volts minimum, so I put it back where it was originally.

We went ahead and tried to make some test cuts anyway:

The torch is now diving HARD into the plate. The tip volts are preset to 137 and we have seen spikes as high as 180. I have the ground clamp for the plasma cutter actually laying right next to the torch and the plate has been cleaned with a wire wheel (thinking this may be a ground issue). The diving is so violent that it has broken the mag mount free a couple times now. Ideas?