Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
4x8 Gantry Build... - Page 5
Bulltear Ad
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 4x8 Gantry Build...

Helpfull BT forum member Junior wrench of the Forum
    OK, we actually got our card tonight. I moved the computer out to the garage and started following CandCNC's instructions for Mach3. I have the motors plugged in and they are all locked. I tuned the motors using the parameters you (Matt) sent me in pm.

The program will not come out of reset. I am getting the "External E-stop Request" error. Possible solutions include the EPO jumper is not in place... but it IS. OR the Table I/O card is not connected... but it is, through the grey flat cable.

Any ideas?

BTW it's a real pain the ass that there arent 2 crimp spade terminals included with my gantry kit. I dont have those little connectors at home to connect the limit switches on the z axis, so yet another delay until tomorrow when I can get some. Doing this at 8 pm on a weekday to try to get this table going and... That's just ridiculous.

Ok, we fixed the error by reconfiguring the port to match in Mach.... continuing on now...

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Auxillary parallel port card may limit your system dramatically. A motherboard mounted parallel port card allows enough system resources for fast dialog between controller and PC.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Quote Originally Posted by jeepsr4ever View Post
    Auxillary parallel port card may limit your system dramatically. A motherboard mounted parallel port card allows enough system resources for fast dialog between controller and PC.
    We bought and installed this card to our motherboard:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o03_s00_i00
    Last edited by Apocalypse Fabrication; 11-20-2012 at 02:39 AM.

May or may not work well enough for full speed. I know people have had problems with that type of card.
    [COLOR=#000000]

Ok, what card should we be using? Could you please post a link to something that is going to work.

I think I am understanding you now that I reread your post... we need a new motherboard?
    Last edited by Apocalypse Fabrication; 11-20-2012 at 02:42 AM.

This is Jason's wife, Katie. I was working with Mach 3 last night to perform the motor tests. We were having some issues with the direction of the x axis, along with some other problems. I was entering in the G code to test the direction of the x axis, and when I changed the polarity, it was still going towards 0,0 and not away, like it should have been.

Is there a trick to entering the G code? I would enter in one line and execute, but after that I would have to exit the gcode function, use the arrow keys, sometimes reset, and even then it only worked 50% of the time.

Is there a different scale for the Z axis? I entered G00 Z1.0 and it moved all the way out, not one inch. The x axis is also off by 1/8" on the scale when moving it with the arrow keys and watching the position. The y seems to be just fine, on all accounts.

That is the problem with auxillary cards and/or Windows 7. You need a motherboard integrated parallel card set. Also when you change the settings you need to reset Mach. From manual data input press the MDI tab in Mach to enter Gcode.
    [COLOR=#000000]

Quote Originally Posted by jeepsr4ever View Post
    That is the problem with auxillary cards and/or Windows 7.
    Which problem? Could you please link me a motherboard that you think would be acceptable?

I'll let Katie respond to your other comments.

Can you see the parallel port and serial attached? Name:  p4_dfiboard.jpg
Views: 591
Size:  63.3 KB
    [COLOR=#000000]