Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
MAch 3 THC question - Page 2
Bulltear Ad
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MAch 3 THC question

Thank you from BT Gear Head
    Well still not working right for some reason. I put in all the info in the cut profile but it hates me .LOL I set the preset volts to 117 like the book says, start cutting and the tip volts will go up and down +or-20 volts and the torch will not move then sometimes it will go up but not back down when it should. Its crazy because the first time i tried it on 16 gauge it worked pretty good but now it doens't matter what metal thickness its like it works when it feels like it.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Sounds like your serial port has a conflict.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

How do i trouble shoot that?

First I would restart the PC then try just running mach 3 and nothing else and see if THC works properly.
    [COLOR=#000000]

Bulltear forum member Cook
    Can you provide us dummies some baseline settings for the THC. I Havent cut much with mine yet. Every time i cut the TCh will work fine for several cuts then will just start slowly getting closer to the plate then knock the torch off or blow out the consumables.

Ok here are the big 5

1. THC delay (This is the time from the start of the plasma *pierce to the time Torch Height Control starts...you want this value long enough to get into the cut at your cut height)
    2. THC rate (This is the value of the the THC will move the Z axis...ie the acceleration and decelleration..superceeds your accel rates in motor tuning)
    3. Antidive (If you set this at 50% and your speed is 100IPM and when the machine starts to slow down to corner when it gets below 50ipm it will lock the Z axis so THC doesnt plunge the tip into the material then at 51ipm will unlock THC...typicall set at 19% for most speeds under 200ipm)
    4. Span gap (this reading in quarter volts tells the THC when it should react so if you set it to 4 that would be 1 volt then if the actual reading goes out of 1 volt it will move the Z up or down)
    5. Tip Saver (This value determines the lowest the DTHC will let the torch head go before it locks movement. Its a percentage of the Preset Tip Volts. It constantly measures the actual tip volts and if the value is too high it keeps the Torch from moving down any lower. Like a spike in volts from passing through a cut you already made)
    [COLOR=#000000]

Any ideas on what could cause my issue i described in the previous post? Thanks for the definitions

Put in a bigger number for your tip volts first. Also post up your THC delay number and tip volts, amperage and cut speed.
    [COLOR=#000000]

ill be doing some more cutting this weekend. Ill try it again.

Banging head. LOL ok I set the limits so that it wouldn't raise up too far when i first started using the thc well the limit went back to 1 inch and it wont let me change it.
    I dont have anything else running on the computer i only use sheetcam and mach 3 and never have anything open when running mach 3. It seems to work sometimes and then nothing at all. Its crazy because it had worked for a little while.